Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Foods that inevitably make you to overeat? page 4

sarasue624 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Rice and fruit.

I don't tend to overeat on rice or fruit, but I don't normally snack and if I eat a meal with rice and/or fruit I'm trolling the kitchen every 30 minutes for the next 3 hours!

Caveman_Sam is offline Member
    I find eating anythign with lots of sugar causes me to FKN hungry the next day.

For example, big bowl of coconut egg pancake with lots of honey --> STARVING next morning.

If i drop primal and eat sometthing like pasta or bread and bam, HUNGER ensues.

Cheers

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Peanut butter and chocolate. So not primal but once in awhile is not terribly bad given how healthy I am in other aspects. Peanut butter is a demon for me. That salty sugary fatness destroys my self-control so I need to portion it out else I find myself standing in front of an empty jar with a spoon and a empty glass of milk, breathing heavily with a dazed expression on my face.
    This reminds me of my most recent discovery at Whole Foods: the chocolate peanut butter machine

Enilegna/hearts is offline Senior Member
    Nuts, and nuts and nuts. Specially Cashews, but even if there are pistachios or walnuts, even though I don{t like them that much I end up eating them anyways. If I eat a meal, when I'm not really hungry, like out of routine, I end up overeating for the rest of the day. And food my mom makes lol.

La Carnera is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Enilegna/hearts View Post
    Nuts, and nuts and nuts. (...) even though I don{t like them that much I end up eating them anyways.
    Time to question: why nuts? What addictive substances do they have?

Quote Originally Posted by Enilegna/hearts View Post
    If I eat a meal, when I'm not really hungry, like out of routine, I end up overeating for the rest of the day.
    Whoa! This happens with me, exactly!

oxide is offline Senior Member
    I've posted this before: I think there's a physical compoent of eating bite-sized things from hand-to mouth. Before Primal it was tricuits or frosted mini-wheats. Now it's nuts or beef jerky or seasnax seaweed or -- forgive me -- M&M's. On a real binge I can pound an entire can of Pringles. It doesn't seem to matter what the food is. Hunger has little to do with it. If it's easy to eat, I eat it.

Even though they are supposedly delicious and satisfyling, real primal meals are just WORK. Expensive to buy, work to make, work to eat, work to clean up after. Bite-sized snackies are my way of postponing all that work.

However, if I'm out doing something, or walking around the mall, I totally forget about food. I can pass by the candy store no problem, or eat nothing even if everyone around me is eating.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Anything with wheat. Which of course we shouldn't eat anyway, but I'm one of those wheat-intolerant people who just HAVE to eat it every so often to remind me how miserable (and ragingly hungry) it makes me.

Rudee is offline Junior Member
    I had full day pigout which was triggered by eating a single Larabar.

Gilleh is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by La Carnera View Post
    Time to question: why nuts? What addictive substances do they have?
    They're just not very satiating.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudee View Post
    I had full day pigout which was triggered by eating a single Larabar.
    Hah, yes. I've had that happen. It's like when my brains recognizes that it's eaten something bad, it screams to me that the day is wasted so I might as well eat crap for the rest of it.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast