Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Foods that inevitably make you to overeat? page 3

La Carnera is offline Member
    Shop Now
    So, it seems like nuts, nut butters (thanks god I never tasted any of the latter hehe) and fruit are like the tendency...

I guess our biological systems didn't have the time to protect themselves against sugary floods yet... In the case of fruit it's not a disaster, but in the case of candy and other junky-drugs, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    Okay, that is true. But for many of us, any foods that cause cravings will just cause us to cave into our feelings. This kind of mindset is admirable, but for the most part, if you avoid said foods the majority of the time, you don't even have to go through the motions of fighting those cravings for more.
    Yes, yes, yes.

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    I know people love IF, and I used to do IF.... andit really did not do much for me. I actually see a small benefit from having a substantial breakfast, light but substantial lunch and a substantial dinner. When I was IFing, I did breakfast then dinner and would end up half the time raiding the pantry for "healthy snack"like nuts etc. With three meals a day, I stay on track much better.

I tend to overeat over time. I overeat chocolate, but for the first say, month it is allowed, I stick to a nice square every day or two, then inevitably sooner or later, eating the whole damn thing. Same with ice cream, so these two items are now banished from the house (I can have them if I go out and really want them).

I might overeat fruit but don't consider it problematic. I'm not super concerned over eating a pint of really great berries or half of a watermelon. When I did Whole 30, I lost weight and was eating a ton of fruit, even things like dates.

I'd say my reasons for overeating healthy primal stuff (nuts and fruits) is either driven by hunger OR the fruit is just in season and awesome. As fall has set in, I eat fewer fruits because they aren't that great. I know I still can't handle chocolate or ice cream.

I'd lie if I said I'm not relieved to see that I'm not a unique case, a blasphemous glutton! hehehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    I know I still can't handle chocolate or ice cream.
    Oh, and have you tried with real dark chocolate?
    Chocolate is like crack to me (no joke!)... unless it has a considerable amount of cocoa mass in it (70% or above).
    Last edited by La Carnera; 11-04-2012 at 05:13 AM.

BeatlesFan is offline Member
    For me it is peanut butter. "grazing" or frequent meals also do not work at all for me as I will definitely overeat. IF all the way baby!

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and have you tried with real dark chocolate?
    Of course....even 90% and up. And then I just get pissed because I like Milk Chocolate so much more anyway. I'm much happier just splurging on milk chocolate on rare occasion.

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    For me it is snacking after supper. Anything. I crave something crunchy and salty. The last few weeks I have given in and bought organic corn chips. Stuck them in the microwave with cheese. Last night it popcorn. I have gained 5 lbs. Yes I know grains are bad. So today I start again. Does anyone else have that horrible must snack after dinner craving??
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    Of course....even 90% and up. And then I just get pissed because I like Milk Chocolate so much more anyway. I'm much happier just splurging on milk chocolate on rare occasion.
    That's so funny how we all differ so much! If I eat more than three squares of dark chocolate, a terrible headache is promised, so I have no trouble in stopping. With milk chocolate, well... it goes on and on and on forever. :P

Valmason, maybe you aren't truly satisfied from your dinners or you are too tired and you need to sleep right after it... From some past personal experiences, I'd conclude that night cravings have everything to do with tiredness and the real hidden craving is the bed.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Cashews... if they are in the house I just can't leave them alone. So I just can't buy them. I am in a good place as far as control is right now, but I just know if I have desserts or candy in the house I would eventually fall off the wagon too. It seems to start a weird thing in me after dinner, where I have a sweet, then need a savory to balance it......followed by another sweet.....and it goes on.

Laura B is offline Member
    Nuts, nut butter, dark chocolate. Had a pint of Haagen Daz yesterday, been feeling hungover-like from too much sugar. Yuck!

valmason01 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Valmason, maybe you aren't truly satisfied from your dinners or you are too tired and you need to sleep right after it... From some past personal experiences, I'd conclude that night cravings have everything to do with tiredness and the real hidden craving is the bed.
    Wow...I never thought of it being due to tiredness. I have always been like this regardless of what I eat for supper but I am going to start really pushing more fats in my supper. Maybe that will help? Thanks for the insight. I will start paying more attention and experimenting.
    You know all those things you have always wanted to do? You should go do them.

Nah.. I was always aware "they" were out to get me.. even before I became Primal..... Now I can just run faster if they find me-Dino Hunter

Age 46
    height 5'3
    SW 215 lbs
    CW 180 lbs (whole foods/primal eating)
    LW 172 lbs
    GW 125ish lbs

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast