Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Foods that inevitably make you to overeat? page 2

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    If I fast for 24 hours, I have to force myself to eat enough calories after my gym workout.

I personally binge on nuts, fruits (dried and fresh), chocolate, and any dairy (including butter). The rest of my day is spent eating the kitchen sink regardless of calories already taken...=\

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Generally I only overeat extremely tasty hard cheeses.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    pizza and pasta....I can do a whole large in a sitting or put olive garden out of business with their never ending pasta deal.

Oh, you said primalish foods. Well i do eat about 2500 calories in a sitting after a 24 hour fast, but I think thats fine. I can eat a literal ton of ribs. Home slow smoked with my special rub.....mmmmmm. I don't see it as a bad thing though.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 11-03-2012 at 07:56 PM.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Food doesn't make me overeat. I make me overeat.

I can do it by going too long between meals. I can do it by going too short between meals. I can do it by not eating nutritious enough food for a while. Or forgetting to get enough protein. Or just making bad decisions.

Probably the only food that actually did make me overeat was wheat and sugar but I don't eat that anymore.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Highest squat: 167.5 x 2. Current Deadlift: 190 x 3

Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    pizza and pasta....I can do a whole large in a sitting or put olive garden out of business with their never ending pasta deal.

Oh, you said primalish foods. Well i do eat about 2500 calories in a sitting after a 24 hour fast, but I think thats fine. I can eat a literal ton of ribs. Home slow smoked with my special rub.....mmmmmm. I don't see it as a bad thing though.
    I know you probably posted a billion times, but how many calories do you eat on average?

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    Food doesn't make me overeat. I make me overeat.
    Okay, that is true. But for many of us, any foods that cause cravings will just cause us to cave into our feelings. This kind of mindset is admirable, but for the most part, if you avoid said foods the majority of the time, you don't even have to go through the motions of fighting those cravings for more.

PeaceMachineGun is offline Junior Member
    Anything with MSG in it makes me overeat. It's nuts, really. I can have a portion of meat, say sausage, with MSG in it, and I'd always go back for seconds. This is not the case now, my appetite seems much more controlled and regular since I started avoiding it like the plague.
    The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it.

-George Carlin

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Before Primal: French or sourdough bread and cheese.

Since Primal: Cheese.

So, I either give myself cheese days, where that's mostly what I eat for the day, or I buy small quantities like 1/4 to 1/3 pound. I also don't eat many everyday cheeses which makes it expensive, so that keeps my consumption in check. I do cook with mozzarella, which is pretty commonplace, but mostly I eat goat/sheep/artisanal cheeses.

Drinking too much alcohol can make me binge on just about anything, but I finally have a built in primal switch, so what I'm bingeing on is not cookies, wheat products, etc. Which is kind of cool, because in my "hurricane stash," I have pasta and beans, but even hammered I don't go near them.

Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Pretty much anything. I find I have to portion my food and hide the rest away before I start eating - I don't seem to have a "full" switch.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Peanut butter and chocolate. So not primal but once in awhile is not terribly bad given how healthy I am in other aspects. Peanut butter is a demon for me. That salty sugary fatness destroys my self-control so I need to portion it out else I find myself standing in front of an empty jar with a spoon and a empty glass of milk, breathing heavily with a dazed expression on my face.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast