Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice please. page

Edcat is offline Junior Member

Advice please.

Primal Fuel
    Been grain and wheat free for three weeks now. Feeling wonderful. The other night I worked a night shift and had dinner at 5pm. At work I had green tea and about 2am had a few nuts and a small miso tea at 4am. Then came home went to bed till 1pm. Got up had a two egg omelette with parmesan cheese.

The thing is, you know how you don't get those 'hunger pangs' like we did on the horrible past way of eating. Should I still stick to the mantra installed in me from youth, you know the one, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Because for the last few mornings I have not been hungry. The fact that I went 19 hours while working on a few nuts and a cup of miso is amazing.

Scared if I don't eat my three meals a day my body will think it is in starvation mode and stall the weight loss that has been happening. Still in awe of how I don't feel starving or get sick in my tummy when hungry now!

What is your daily eating regime? Would love to know.

Cheers Eds.

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    If you don't feel starved, your body is probably not starved either. I never eat breakfast because I feel sick eating too often. I just eat 2 meals a day, never breakfast.

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    Mark suggests using the WHEN diet, which is eating When Hunger Ensues Naturally. This has been really nice for me, as I'm IFing a lot to loose some extra pounds. Sometimes I eat breakfast if I'm feeling the grumblies, but I usually skip it for some tea or coffee with cream, and then have lunch when the hunger hits, if the hunger hits. Sometimes I only have a handful of nuts throughout the day and then have a big dinner. Recently, I've been trying bulletproof coffee for breakfast and fasting till around 2 or until dinner. If you are truly a fat burner, and you should be by now if you have been going solid for 3 weeks, then not eating regular meals will not put you into starvation mode, you will simply burn stored fat. Don't worry about regimented schedules and eat when you feel the need.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Within weeks of starting PB, I stopped eating breakfast: I just wasn't hungry. My body naturally drifted to two meals a day: Lunch and dinner. Lunch and dinner are eaten within a 6 hour window so the other 18 hours, I'm IF'ing. This has been a very natural progression for me. I can't remember when I ate three meals in one day. I don't snack, either. What I really enjoy is my bullet coffee each morning --- It's my favourite 'meal' all day long!

/Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    If you're hungry, then by all means eat. If not, don't fret it. As the others have mentioned, if you're body is into fat burning mode, then you will be fine. I'm similar, in that I have a bullet proof coffee in the morning(on days I don't have a heavy workout), then a big dinner. I rarely snack, and if so, it's usually in the form of jerkey, or a handful of macs. Keep up the good work:-)
    Free your mind, and your Grok will follow!

Thank you for the advice! I will do the 'when' bit. Makes so much sense, just have to look at it all in a new way. Yay that means I don't have to worry about making lunch, as I'm just not hungry.

Caveman_Sam is offline Member
    What is starvation mode?

lol

Ketosis?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    If you're not hungry, don't eat. It's the very basest of instincts. There's no such thing as starvation mode happening from going with a little less food for a few days. In studies, your body shuts down and starts burning far fewer calories when it is consistently deprived of adequate nutrition, like 5-700 calories a day over weeks. A few days of fasting or eating less in the modern western world will do more good than harm.
    Last edited by Damiana; 11-04-2012 at 02:14 AM.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Thanks for your replies. This morning I have gotten up and instead of going about my normal routine of making and eating breakfast, I am listening to my body. Their is simply no appetite. So made a couple of green teas and will reassess mid morning, may be just wait for lunch time. Still amazed that I don't get those hunger pains anymore! Really is a lot to get your head round in the beginning.
    Looking at going to the gym this week and get started on some weights and do walk/sprints on the treadmill. I reckon I might even be game enough to slip into a bikini by the end of summer over here lol!

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    For the sake of beachgoers, I hope you are female. If not, I'm imagining this:

F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast