Thread: Which one? page

Loneketo is offline Senior Member

Which one?

Primal Fuel
    I've done 2 experimental "diets". First one is pretty much Primal, with 130 carbs a day allowed, and a good amount of fat intake. Now let me describe my skin(especially face) on Primal diet:

Still blotchy looking complexion
    Acne improved
    Oily

I felt better then on A SAD diet of course, but, not enough to me standards.

The 2nd one was just meat, fish, eggs, and olive oil(small amounts), it was not 80/20 fat protein diet, but about 60/40 wasn't in it for ketosis. It was a zero-carb, zero-sugar diet. So this is how I looked:

Very even, tanned complexion(even a friend mentioned it to me)
    No inflammation, active whiteheads, blackheads began coming out, no redness at all
    Still oily somewhat, but manageable(was just glad I had no acne whatsoever)

The supplements I took on the both diets were:
    Fish oil(maybe 8 pills a day, 360mg EPA)
    Vitamin D(8,000IU daily)
    Zinc (50-100mg daily)
    Super B-complex(with Vitamin C)

What I got from this is: I should lay off sugars, natural or not, stick to high Omega 3-s from fish and supplementation, and My face will be acne-free soon enough. I plan to stick to this, and and add spinach(which tiny amounts of sugar)

Is this the way to go? I was also not bored by lack of choice for foods either on diet 2, i felt absolutely fantastic. Should I stick to the diet that suits me?
    Last edited by Loneketo; 11-03-2012 at 02:10 PM.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    Carbs break me out too. I think it has a lot to do with gut bacteria for me. I've always had oral thrush, but it has improved since I began taking a probiotic.

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosnic View Post
    Carbs break me out too. I think it has a lot to do with gut bacteria for me. I've always had oral thrush, but it has improved since I began taking a probiotic.
    I honestly don't enjoy eating anything with carbs, never did anyway, just felt bloated, lazy, And useless. I'm taking probiotics right not to restore gut flora, but I still don't think I'll eat carbs after I'm done with this session of probiotics. I'm sure that will kill any parasites or candida overgrowth inside me, since they feed On sugar.