Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very low vit D level despite 25 minutes of sun a day?

Hybrid View

Very low vit D level despite 25 minutes of sun a day?

I am prefacing this question with the fact that I am getting 20-25 minutes of midday sun without a shirt and shorts on. I also supplement with Cod liver oil. My vit D 2O is 9 NG/ML

There are websites that talks about autoimmune disease CAUSING low vit D rather than being the result of it, and one in particular recommends keeping the Vit D low and using antibiotics. I am asking this because I have to decide if I should correct my Vit D deficiency or try the antibiotic route.

I also suffer from Male pattern baldness, prostatitis and acne (i am 28)

If you are concerned you have a medical condition, you need to consult a doctor. I have heard that sometimes you need to supplement to get up to a level that is sustainable through sun exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by teach2183 View Post
    If you are concerned you have a medical condition, you need to consult a doctor. I have heard that sometimes you need to supplement to get up to a level that is sustainable through sun exposure.

What medical condition did I seem concerned that I have? I just explained my situation

What do your calcium levels look like? A problem with the absorption of one might lead/cause/correlate with lack of absorption of the other.

Quote Originally Posted by sarasue624 View Post
    What do your calcium levels look like? A problem with the absorption of one might lead/cause/correlate with lack of absorption of the other.
    interesting. calcium but not magnesium? I had both tested and both were within normal limits.

Oh, well, probably both calcium and magnesium - I just thought of calcium first. Sounds like that may not be your issue, though.

Still, interactions of vit. d are interesting. Unraveling the Enigma of ... - Vitamin D's Connection to...

I just think its interesting HOW LOW my vit D is despite the fact that i've gotten several suntans and very slight slight sunburns(i could feel them but not see them). and also high dose cod liver oil. I wonder if vitamin A lowers D in high doses. I still think its related to something else, like the autoimmune ANA +

Is your doctor concerned about it?
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Is your doctor concerned about it?
    yes she prescribed the mega dose vitamin D treatment.

It's probably a medical condition then. I live in southern Cali and a friend of mine here still has to take 50000iu weekly because he is unable to absorb adequate vitamin d through the sun alone.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."