Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep dental health without toothpaste? page

Gadsie is offline Senior Member

Keep dental health without toothpaste?

Primal Fuel
    Is this possible? If I eat 100% completely crap-free primal. Not even dark chocolate etc. I'm scared to give up toothpaste but on the other hand I feel like it can't be good for my teeth.
    Billie trips balls

Paleobird Guest
    Baking soda is an all natural, sweetener free substitute. Once you get your head around the concept that what is on your toothbrush is not going to taste sweet but salty, it works great.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I have always hated tooth paste and only use it on occasion. Since changing my diet, my dentist says my mouth never looked heathier. No tooth paste = no problem. If you still want to use some, pick an all natural brand.

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Don't touch a carb, you teeth will be white as white. Not very realistic though.

Gilleh is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadsie View Post
    Is this possible? If I eat 100% completely crap-free primal. Not even dark chocolate etc. I'm scared to give up toothpaste but on the other hand I feel like it can't be good for my teeth.
    Don't forget to floss and brush your teeth. My teeth feel so smooth after coconut oil pull.
    I don't use baking soda. Mouth feels good.
    Everything is bad for something - How do you feel today?

Gadsie is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Baking soda is an all natural, sweetener free substitute. Once you get your head around the concept that what is on your toothbrush is not going to taste sweet but salty, it works great.
    But using baking soda is only for occasion right?
    Billie trips balls

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Floss, use 3% hydrogen peroxide diluted to 50/50 as a mouthwash, and use baking soda to brush. Caking soda is no more abrasive than most toothpastes, it's perfectly safe.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    baking soda straight irritates my mouth. I once made my own paste using coconut oil, xylitol
    (kills bacteria) baking soda, salt. worked well. Now I use tooth powder as it was on sale and I wanted to try it for ease of use when travelling. It lasts forever as a little goes a long way. Floss every day
    Last edited by Primal123; 11-03-2012 at 07:44 PM.

SarahW is offline Senior Member
    I made this "toothpaste" recently: Homemade Remineralizing Toothpaste Recipe | Wellness Mama

I used dried eggshells from pastured chickens for the calcium (ground up in my blender) and a teaspoon of peppermint castille soap, no DE and no other EO.

Blender didn't get the eggshells very fine, so it's kinda crunchy, but my teeth feel super-duper clean. I was having a build up of plaque because the last time I had my teeth cleaned by a dentist was about seven years ago, and now the build-up is nearly gone.

I ordered the stuff I needed from iherb. And when you consider the cost breakdown it's much cheaper than even regular cheap Colgate, not to mention the "Natural" stuff.

palebluedots is offline Senior Member
    I just asked my dentist recently what he thought about using baking soda instead of toothpaste on a daily basis. He said a lot of people do that, and that he would be fine with it if I do that. He said the only downside is that you won't have that bubbly minty feeling that you get when brushing with commercial toothpastes.

For me, he also recommended that I do an occasional fluoride rinse, but that's just because I have had a LOT of teeth problems and have unusually sensitive teeth. But he said he'd totally support me in switching away from toothpaste to baking soda for everyday brushing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast