Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1 Year Gluten and Grain Free page

JoeJoe is offline Junior Member

1 Year Gluten and Grain Free

Primal Fuel
    Yesterday marked a year since I started in earnest to eat without grain and gluten. I had lost about 15 lbs this summer and today I started to notice that I've put back the weight. Eating a few fries here, a little more wine there! Recommitted today! I'm going to do 3 things differently: 1. No cheese. 2. 1 glass of wine. 3. No nuts.

Oh. I did an hour and a half of kettle bells and stretching this morning.
    1 cup of tea with some soy milk.
    1 cup of coffee (with my workout bud)
    1/3lb salmon and lettuce and celery with olive oil and vinegar.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on your year!

It's always good to adjust and re-evaluate! I've only been Lacto-Paleo for just over three months, but I've tweaked and adjusted my diet a lot: tried low sugar, realised that too little fruit causes problems; tried with and without oats, settled for no grain at all; trying higher fat (Winter-time and my stomach is starting to refuse the kcal my body needs!), now I'm getting the necessary fat in for energy...
    You can always slip off the wagon a little and, even if you don't and stick rigidly to your diet, your body and its needs will change. It's good that you're willing to re-commit and happy with how it works for you and that, even more importantly, you're willing to alter it a bit!

Grok on!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Good for you on the goodbye grain train! I've been grain-free since April, never been healthier. But yeah, those nuts and cheese and wine can sneak up on you, as can those nasty carbs. It is so easy for an occasional small treat to become a significant portion of your diet. I've recently cut way back on those things myself - especially the wine! One glass = good. Half the bottle = bad.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

I've had such good success, so I'm not going to beat myself up, just get back on track. Have all good things in my house to eat and lots to do to stay away from the wine!

Dinner last night was a grass-fed burger from my CSA with a red wine and butter reduction, and a few roasted asparagus and 1/2 a sweet potato with some of my summer pasture butter and 1 glass of wine. Great sleep. Dreamed about making paleo donuts in a donut mold I don't own. I've never been a donut or pastry eater, don't know why I dreamed about it. My friend the farmer posted the recipe on my fb page and I'm intrigued.

Haven't eaten yet, wanted to go vote, stood in line for 45 minutes at 9AM. Sipped tea and read the news until my turn. Now I'm hungry and going to have 2 eggs and the left over salmon from yesterday.

2 days down. Going to bed.
    Dinner out with C: Grass fed steak with sauce on a bed of spinach.
    1 bite of the Yukon gold potato gratin, sure did look good, tho
    1 glass of white wine
    going to make pumpkin bread in the morning with eggs, almond flour and canned pumpkin puree. Have to go to a breakfast meeting (on a Sunday) and want to make sure I have something nice to eat.
    Feeling better already, even tho I'm really sore from all those kb cleans yesterday. Yow.
    Also, tonight was my first night out without my knee brace. Wanted to wear some hot shoes and didn't want to do that with hardware. Hardware doesn't make me feel hot.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Well done on your 12 months, and your recommitment.

Didn't make the pumpkin bread.
    2 hard boiled eggs and a can of tuna for b'fast. Wasn't the least bit tempted by all the baked goods at my meeting today.
    The Farmer came today and brought me a BIG jar of pickled herring! Is that the most delicious snack ever? Had some and a glass of wine and having meatza for dinner with some grass-fed beef that was on sale at WFM. The Farmer also brought me some gorgeous lamb shoulder chops. I'm going to marinate them in the morning, grill them tomorrow night and serve w/yogurt sauce.
    I feel better, still a bit over where I was, but down a bit from last week. Want to load the weight tracker, but I don't weigh myself very often. My jeans don't lie.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No breakfast, just some black tea with soy milk.
    Lunch: 2 farm eggs, lettuce, avocado with olive oil and lemon and a can of tuna mixed in.
    Have to work until 9PM, so this is my one meal. Tho I have lamb chops marinating in olive oil, lemon, garlic, allspice and cumin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast