Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 Year Gluten and Grain Free page 2

JoeJoe is offline Junior Member
    The lamb chops! I used the marinade that I found on MDA recipes for lamb kabobs. Grilled them in the cold last night. Made the mint yogurt dipping sauce, added some cucumber. The Farmer!! A few green beans with the summer butter a salad with avocado and more than 1 glass of wine. But everything else yesterday was good.
    Workout this morning was strength. Carried a lot of heavy things around the gym. Can't run yet, so did one-leg rowing and a half hour kb workout plus some chest presses at more than half my weight.

Going to lunch with friends. Not even hungry and we're going to this great middle eastern restaurant that's really easy to eat at. Tonight's going to be the challenge. Election returns go so well with wine.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJoe View Post
    No nuts.
    Congrats on your milestone.
    Nuts are one of those foods that I will overeat if I have them by themselves as a snack.
    What I've been doing lately is mixing them in with my salad, and I haven't been craving them like I usually do.

I'll put nuts in salad too. Avocado + pistachios = Amaze!

Kind of really splurged on election night. Had a steak. Fine. A glass of wine. Fine. A second glass of wine. Going downhill. Ice-cream and a couple bites of a warm Reese's brownie. So not fine. Oh, it was warm. Warm. Stayed up until 2AM. Again not fine. Felt like crap all day yesterday, but ate really well. Slept really well. Back on board. Not beating myself up. Fine!

Yesterday was a special occasion and I was fine. Fine. 1 big glass of wine, but otherwise fine. Bacon and eggs for breakfast, couldn't even finish it. A little piece of melon and a, *a* strawberry. Dinner was a piece of tenderloin with broccolini and sauteed mushrooms. Crab for an appetizer. There was a big breadbasket on the table with some tasty looking crackers. Nah, not even tempted.

Today was kb workout with some strength stuff beforehand: Deadlift with about 10+ more than my body weight, a bunch of pushups and some of my pt stuff for my knee. Didn't wear my brace which makes me a teensy bit edgy.

Breakfast afterwards was an omelette with fresh spinach and portabella mushrooms, some kind of wonderful Thai chicken sausage and a huge plate of fresh fruit. Ate maybe half and I was stuffed. Left-over meatza and BAS for dinner. If you live in Chicago - Bongo Room! Expensive, but worth it.

Didn't eat yesterday until about 1PM. By then I was hungry-ish. I had some romaine lettuce with an avocado and a quarter pound of grilled salmon. Dinner was another celebration with old friends. I had crab claws with drawn butter and brussel sprouts with chorizo. I had a bite of peppermint ice cream. Not worth it. The crab claws were amaze! Butter is amaze!!

Went to pt. She told me not to do the dead lifts. Too much stress on my joint. At 6 weeks out of surgery I'm only supposed to be doing light biking, no resistance and 1/3 knee bends. I'm worried I've overdone it all and now my knee won't heal. It's the first time in my life I've been ashamed to talk about how much I lift and workout. Really not sure what to do. My thought is to stick with upper body stuff that doesn't put any stress on my knee. According to the protocol I can swim. I don't really like to swim. Don't mind the bike, tho and it's only another 7 weeks!

I really don't think the scale is budging. Haven't weighed myself, but judging by my clothes I'm still up a bit. Is this a function of age? Being close to my goal? Not being able to sprint? Have been really good every day, though haven't posted for a few.

Today -- long workout with weights, body weight rows, kettle bells. I don't really ever get hungry, but I have "tastes" for things so I had 2 eggs from the farm with some steamed and pureed butternut squash. I cheated on it, because I saw it already diced up at TJs and I just bought it. Was so easy and so amazing!

Going to an Iranian restaurant for dinner. Planning on chicken and salad. Pretty easy to stay Primal there.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Had a really challenging few weeks. A death in my family, Thanksgiving, etc. I did go off my gluten freeness to eat my apple pie which I made with my friend's crust. It was amazing! I only had a tiny piece just to taste and bit of ice cream. I felt crappy for days, could have just been overwhelmed with stuff. Otherwise I've been RELIGIOUS! I think I'm down a bit. Have been cooking some wonderful things. Chicken Cacciatore; pumpkin bread; chicken thighs and wings marinated in lime juice, olive oil and onion and broiled; butternut squash with Kerrygold butter; a fabulous salad with roasted beets (leftover from Thanksgiving) and herbed goat cheese and pistachios. I just made some cashew butter to make bread with.

I've been able to add some more weight into my workouts and I was also able to get rid of my brace!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12