Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: decaf coffee

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    decaf coffee

    what are your thoughts on a cup of decaf a day? i love the taste and everything about coffee but limit myself to one cup a day since im breast feeding but i always want another. decaf okay??

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,999
    NO. That shit tastes nasty.

    Also, to take the caffeine out, most roasters use a bunch of weird chemicals on bad beans anyway.

  3. #3
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    NO. That shit tastes nasty.

    Also, to take the caffeine out, most roasters use a bunch of weird chemicals on bad beans anyway.
    This is true of some brands but not others. Get a decaf that is organic and specifies "water processed". You would not be able to tell the difference between it and "real" coffee.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    3
    I just recently ordered some beans from "CoffeeAM". They roast on order! They list an organic decaf fair-trade that doesn't use chemicals. I ordered something different so I can't comment on how good or bad it is. Here is a link to the Decaf.

    Organic Decaf 'Swiss Water' Peru Coffee - Fresh Roasted & Shipped Same Day!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mayaguez, Puerto Rico
    Posts
    165
    You could try teechino. They're a line of 'Herbal Coffees', with almonds, dates and other ingredients blended together. Caffeine Free.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    243
    Quote Originally Posted by Enilegna/hearts View Post
    You could try teechino. They're a line of 'Herbal Coffees', with almonds, dates and other ingredients blended together. Caffeine Free.
    Sadly it contains barley.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal123 View Post
    Sadly it contains barley.
    They have a gluten free one or you could try Dandy Blend

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by PandaRose View Post
    what are your thoughts on a cup of decaf a day? i love the taste and everything about coffee but limit myself to one cup a day since im breast feeding but i always want another. decaf okay??
    Decaf is perfectly fine, have a couple of cups a day if you wish.
    Organic is better (but not necessary) get one that states "swiss water process" decaffeinated (no chemicals)
    Coffee (decaf or not) is high in polyphenols (antioxidant).. so drink up.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    9
    I drink water decaffeinated coffee a couple of times a day. Find a blend you like and stock up. No caffeine so no insulin response. Win Win!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    344
    Can you amplify on "No caffeine so no insulin response."? I've seen mixed answers on that.

    Thanks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •