Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Trying out Bulletproof Coffee page 5

miata is online now Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Two Tbs of Kerrygold clarified and about 3 Tbs of virgin coconut oil in my coffee. HOwever, the coffee has started bothering my stomach, so I've simply replaced coffee with green tea and it is quite good as well, Either way you get lots of energy.

Ouaouaron is offline Senior Member
    you definitely need to froth it up, just stirring it in is gross.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_H View Post
    I don't always drink bulletproof coffee, but when I do it in a 24oz travel mug and use about 1/2 TBS of kerrygold and 1/2 TBS coconut oil. I use this cup and quantity because my immersion blender fits down inside of it. Blending it is the key. It makes it frothy
    An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good!'
    -Somebody funny

Sambo712 is offline Senior Member
    IU thought this thread was done a long time ago, but I guess not. Since starting this I have gone through a BPC phase, and now I just do it on occasion. I've gotten to where I buy the best organic beans I can afford, and grind them myself each morning. I use 2 TBS of unsalted butter (can't afford grassfed) and 1 TBS of Coconut oil with a stick blender. Last time I used this amount I practically vibrated with energy for half the day. It's definitely a thermogenic for me, but I'm not sure if I like it or not. More energy, but I'm a hot blooded person already, so the extra sweating I could do without.

Anyways, I think it's a useful protocol for some people and for some situations.

NewForNow is offline Junior Member
    Hey everyone, from my personal experience, bulletproof coffee works wonders for me. It is my Mon-Fri Breakfast/Lunch. I usually snack on something around 3pm or so...sometimes a Spicy Tanka Bar, or left overs.

My Bulletproof Coffee recipe is as follows:
    16oz upgraded coffee (i buy dave asprey's beans)
    3-4 TBSP of Kerry Gold unsalted butter
    3 TBSP of MCT OIL
    I use this Amazon.com: Norpro Cordless Mini Mixer, 5 Piece Set: Kitchen & Dining to blend it and it works great. It's a $5 hand blender that works wonders in the kitchen! No need to mess your blender for making small batch like this...you can blend it in your cup.

The whole thing is approx 80grams of fat.

I drink this around 730am and like I said, I don't normally need food until 3pmish. I check myself daily (peeing on strips) and it keeps me in ketosis.

I have friends that swear by this stuff too, and I have some friends that don't like it. The important thing is to find what works for you. Experiment on yourself.
    Primal since June 2011

SW: 219
    CW: 170
    GW: 155

"We're all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. And to the rest of the universe, atomically."
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

richard is offline Senior Member
    I do bulletproof tea. I don't blend it. I just stir it.

At the moment I'm up to 1 tablespoon of grassfed butter and one tablespoon of MCT Oil. I get slightly queasy after drinking so I'm stabile at that amount and we'll see what happens from there. It's been maybe two weeks for me. It might be the MCT oil that is making me queasy and I hope I get used to it.

I love US grassfed butter. Natural By Nature sells a whipped butter that is EXCELLENT, much better than Derrygold although I use that as well.

I don't find that it makes it terribly easier to IF though maybe that's because I'm not yet able to consume enough to have that effect. I have no desire to drink coffee much so I stick to fine Chinese tea.

dob
    dob is offline Senior Member
    I call my drink 44 mag Americano (of course, inspired by BP)...it's like a shot to the brain in the best way possible.

Can be any combination of these: 2 to 2.5 oz of Espresso, 0-1 Tbsp Grass Fed Butter, 1-2 Tbsp EVCO, and 1 Tbsp MCT Oil (gradually increasing with tolerance), 1 Tbsp of Heavy Whipping Cream, 1 Tsp of Organic Cacao Powder, and 2 small spoons of pure stevia.

It was great in the beginning and if I didn't have to balance my fat through the day, I would add all of the ingredients together every morning. I also hand stir, so when mixing in a glass coffee mug, the drink looked like a 1 inch oil slick over 1 inches of espresso.

Currently, 2 to 2.5 Oz of Espresso, 1 Tbsp EVCO and 1 TBSP of MCT Oil and cacao every once in a while.

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Is it beneficial to have these coffees when fasting for 24 hours?

dkJames is offline Senior Member
    I am at one meal a day on average and BPC helped me getting there, even though it was not the goal. I don't have BPC coffee any longer, or I would say I have amild version of it now because I don't feel the need to churn down so much fat in the early morning. I do have a little heavy cream and coconut oil in my coffee or tea for "breakfast" but not at the BPC level. It is a matter of habit, and I don't feel hungry at all during the whole day. My hunger signal is triggered around 5pm and even then, I believe it is more a habit than true hunger nowadays. I also have more meals during one day / week to up-regulate my metabolism but going back to one-meal-a-day is very comfortable after this "cheat" day. OK, just to say that coffee or not in the morning, the timing of your meals is a matter of habit. So long as you eat well on average every day, I can't call it "fasting" or even (more funnily) "starving"

NewForNow is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CavemanJoe View Post
    Is it beneficial to have these coffees when fasting for 24 hours?
    I guess that depends on what you are trying to accomplish. I find it beneficial, and I do a daily 18hr fast and remain in ketosis too.

It's fun to do 24hrs of nothing but water though too. I'd say try both!
    Primal since June 2011

SW: 219
    CW: 170
    GW: 155

"We're all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. And to the rest of the universe, atomically."
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson

ajm422 is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Can someone give me the cribs on why this is a good thing? Is it better than just black coffee? I buy unroasted coffee beans from sweet maria's and roast them myself. The coffee is unlike anything available in almost any store, at any price. I can drink and appreciate my coffee as I do a single malt. Whole Foods has decent coffees for upwards of $13.99/lb and I get superior, fresher beans at ~$6.00/lb. Is there any reason I should be adding butter and oil to my coffee?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast