I'm trying to take my body fat from what I'd guess is 16%, down to around 10%. To that end, I'm giving IF a shot.

While I'm far more fat adapted than I used to be, I can't understand why everyone finds it so easy to go 24 or 36 hours without food. So I'm starting with baby steps.

My natural eating pattern was 9 hours of fasting / 15 hours of feeding. By skipping breakfast but keeping everything else the same, I switched to 13 fasting / 11 feeding. That's a considerably shorter feeding window, not to mention the calorie reduction.

But even this modest change wasn't easy to make. At first I was miserable in the morning. Irritable, unable to concentrate, counting down every minute until lunch.

Today, almost two weeks later, it's a lot easier. I'm still hungry when I first wake up, but it's more like I'm just detecting hunger rather than feeling obsessed with it. I'm also having an easier time focusing on other things, which takes my mind off food.

My plan is to try this for a while longer, get fully comfortable with it, then maybe think about moving to 16/8.