Thread: What is CW? page

fillyone is offline Senior Member

What is CW?

I see this all over the forum!

I see a lot of other acronyms that I don't have a clue about, any place on the forum that lists them?

Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
    ~ Dr G & Barb ~

ToniWA is offline Senior Member
    Usually they're underlined which means it has a pop-up that spells out the acronym.
    CW = Conventional Wisdom
    EVOO = Extra Virgin Olive Oil
    IMO = In my opinion (I just learned that one)
    and so on....

fillyone is offline Senior Member
    Thanks Toni

I saw that about being underlined, my guess is that I don't have a late enough version of IE to get that

Most of the "usual" ones from the 'net I know, it's the more specific ones to this forum that I'm guessing at.
    Barb - Portland, Oregon

"Everything is as it should be given what has gone before. This is not an excuse but it is a reason"
    ~ Dr G & Barb ~

ToniWA is offline Senior Member
    Ah. I always forget what SAD is short for since around here, SAD automatically stands for Seasonal Affective Disorder. Learning curve...

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    CW is the backwards ways of our youths.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

kennelmom is offline Senior Member
    SAD usually refers to Standard American Diet on here...
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

petrogerl is offline Junior Member
    Another one I love is BAS, or Big-Ass Salad. Took me a second to put that one together.

norcalgal is offline Senior Member
    learning new things on here, i love it. i knew wat cw was but not sad or bas.
    "The first wealth is health."
    - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    It has been like this ever since I started using my brain. There have been those who believe something without evaluation of evidence and sufficient contemplated reason, and then there are those who actively seek the truth and challenge the status quo, the ostensibly valid and widely-held conclusion, and aren't afraid of being honest with themselves. The majority of the world are ignorant of many things and yet the majority of the world can't stand the thought of being wrong about something. Especially the older ones who would then have to admit that they have believed trash for more than half of their shortened lives. Self-honesty can in fact save a person's life. I am wrong about many things. I admit this and wish to know what I have been a dummy about. Challenging CW is a lifelong endeavor.

Self-honesty tastes good too. Pass the BABAES (big-ass bacon and egg salad) with EVOO.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Guess I am a weirdo. I don't like the short cuts. Grok or a recent ancestor barely grunted and squealed. Then things called words developed. Down to the literature of 18th and 19th century---exquisite stuff. Moving into the 20th and 21st centuries the grunt and squeal is coming into fashion again. I think there was a movie with some such motif a few years ago. Could have been a Woody Allen thing.