Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question from a newbie on protein page

LittleBear is offline Junior Member

Question from a newbie on protein

Hi all...I am struggling with this program because truthfully I hate meat. I choke down chicken, turkey and fish, but I do mean choke down. I get meat in about 3-5 times a week in small portions. I also don't do dairy, so my protein sources were always supplemented by tons of nuts and beans. I adhere pretty well to the low-carb part of things, but trying to get the protein in and not eat too many nuts and legumes is really tough for me.

This may be the most ridiculous question given the type of program it is, but does anyone do this diet as primarily veggie, and more limited or sparse protein? I don't want to be a vegetarian, but the meat eating is just never gonna happen for me in the way the book reccomends.

Sorry if this has been addressed, I didnt see anything when I searched.

ToniWA is offline Senior Member
    Oooh, that's tough. I'm not a HUGE fan of meat, so I supplement with protein powders and that leads to a bunch of yummy alternatives.
    Optimum Nutrition has great flavors, but some have a bit of sodium in them. Also, Syntrax brand has a line called Nectar and about 12 flavors to choose from. My favorites are cherry and crystal sky. Mix these with some coconut milk and they're extra tasty. With just water is great, too!

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    what the.... have you read the book???? LEGUMES?? BEANS??? this is not a diet for vegetarians... if you are a vegetarian then find another program to follow. if you cant do what the book says then go elsewhere... not trying to be rude but really...

ToniWA is offline Senior Member
    Easy! This person is searching for some help and not ridicule. Getting the message across is done much easier with positive reinforcement rather than negativity. We all respond to food differently so we each have to find our way through this with HELP from others.

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Since you're not a big meat eater then you could always go the protein shake route. My suggestions is to add some veggies and fruits to the shake. Do at least 1 veggies with 1 fruit. Its add a little sweetness and a little crystal light for flavoring ain't bad either. This way it taste better and you're also getting some more nutritional value. There are a lot of other ways to get protein. Almonds & eggs are a good source.

And Calm down MalPaz. They were just asking a question. The whole point of this site is for people who need answers.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    sorry... but many of his questions have been answered elsewhere with a quick search would prolly provide the answers he is seeking... i didnt understand if he had read the book as to why he is eating beans and legumes...

my apologies... add a lotta fat- coconut oil, lard, tallow, butter, ghee....even if youre not a "meat eater" you can still add this to what it is you do eat

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    I see your problem! You're missing thick, juicy steaks and fatty roasts and drippings drippings drippings oohhhhhhh

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Little bear... until a solution is found I would recommend trying different spices, sauces, and recipes to eat meat. Unless there is pain when you eat proteins? Because that could be a G.I issue...

Im with Paul Chek on the don't become a vegetarian unless your detoxifying, you have too, or you no longer have the desire for meat.

Until then, what about eggs? And why don't you do dairy? You gotta give us something to work with here... Im a why guy btw haha

And I wouldn't have protein powders be my only source of protein for longer than 4 weeks unless it was a high quality grass-fed source protein powder... and those are expensive as hell...

Give us some more info, and we can help you.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    How do you prepare your meat? do you add seasonings to it? I can't fathom how somebody doesn't like the taste of it, but being raised on it I can't think of ever not eating meat.

My suggestion would be eggs, great source of protein, ridiculously primal and it's not meat so everybody wins?

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    No worries MalPaz. Didn't try to jump on you either. It's all about the love at MDA.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast