Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i've finally figured out which military branch i'm joining (: page

breetbree is offline Senior Member

i've finally figured out which military branch i'm joining (:

Primal Fuel
    i've done a lot of research/ talking to recruiters and have come to the conclusion to join the national guard. they have to do around 45-50 push ups and sit ups in two minutes i believe and a 15:54 two mile run. so i guess that's going to be the main focus of my primal fitness now (=

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    why join military at all?
    Few but ripe.

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    There are a number of reasons to join the military. Many are "emotional" rather than rational reasons... honor, duty, pride, patriotism for example. Some of the more "rational" reasons could be a steady paycheck, technical training, education, medical care among others. The military is an honorable profession, contrary to what some may believe.
    Congratulations to you Breetbree on the decision, and good luck to you!

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 70in2012 View Post
    why join military at all?
    Chicks dig fatigues and big guns

On a more helpfull note http://hundredpushups.com/
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Wanderlust is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by breetbree View Post
    i've done a lot of research/ talking to recruiters and have come to the conclusion to join the national guard. they have to do around 45-50 push ups and sit ups in two minutes i believe and a 15:54 two mile run. so i guess that's going to be the main focus of my primal fitness now (=
    I'm assuming your a male, since those look like male <21 y/o standards. Basic is going to get you up to those standards. Keep in mind that is the bare minimum standards. If you want to excel you need to be far better than that.

Try to run 3x a week. Sprints 1x, Medium distance 1x (2 miles) and long distance 1x (4-5 miles).
    Just work on over all muscular fitness, not just push ups. Weights are fine.
    Last edited by Wanderlust; 11-02-2012 at 07:49 PM.
    "Go For Broke"
    Fat Kine-230/24% @ 6'2"
    Small Kine-168/9%
    Now- 200/8%
    Goal- 210/6%

breetbree is offline Senior Member
    exactly what ssn679doc said, patriotism, serving my country and community, both brothers and father served, and i'll be making some money/ getting training while still in high school. and yes, wanderlust, i'm a 17 year old male

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations!

And now I'm going back to what I said in a different thread: It won't matter too much what you do between now and shipping out, but make a plan and stick to it. Those numbers you gave are minimums for every male in your age group- National Guard has the same standards as the rest of the Army (in theory, at least).

Finally, remember that Basic Combat Training is more mentally difficult than physically- the stuff you have to learn, the emotions you have to swallow, the people you have to work with- it's going to suck, but the easiest way out is through.

BeatlesFan is offline Member
    Wow congrats man, good luck with your training.

70in2012 is offline Senior Member
    It is a honorable profession just like a lot of other professions.

I served as well. However, I always ask a lot of questions to make sure people who make up their decisions in their teens have thought through what is really driving them (e.g. you want to go there because you think fatigues and guns get chicks; some want to get "stronger" as military is always associated with some king of "rugged image").

Asking yourself some probing questions might bring up real motives and force you to examine other probably more effective ways getting to those.
    Few but ripe.

ATTAACK is offline Member
    Congratulations! Go Army! Hooah!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast