Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone else on Armour Thyroid? page

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member

Anyone else on Armour Thyroid?

Primal Fuel
    After dealing with hypothyroidism for the past 3 years (probably longer bc the docs wouldn't check my thyroid), I found a good doctor and he prescribed Armour. My dose is 1 grain/60 mcg. I started it 5 days ago. I was previously on Synthroid 50 mcg.

I already have a little more energy... not sure if the Armour has really kicked it yet though. I'm very hopeful, I'm too young to be tired all the time! I would love to hear any feedback from people that have switched from synthroid to Armour.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Sorry I can't answer your question, but I am interested in the replies you get also. I recently saw a naturopath who is likely converting me from 50mcg Synthroid to Armour also. Just waiting for the full blood tests to come back for the proper balance. He says I need a higher dose though. Great to hear you have more energy

sunshine* is offline Junior Member
    hi there

I've been on Armour for about 3 years. I don't know what Synthroid is (i'm in Australia) but I started on thyroxine (maybe it's similar? It's synthetic anyway) This did nothing for me so my open minded doc prescribed me the Armour and it has worked quite well.

kkratz57 is offline Senior Member
    Yup, I made the same leap you did about a year ago after my doc suggested it -- and I was going to bring it up with him, but he beat me to the punch. I definitely feel better on it.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    I'm on Erfa Thyroid which is the same thing as Armour, just canadian and manufactured in Belgium.
    I'm on 30 mg for the moment but I'm slowly building my way up to 60 mg.
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

Quote Originally Posted by Silvergirl View Post
    Sorry I can't answer your question, but I am interested in the replies you get also. I recently saw a naturopath who is likely converting me from 50mcg Synthroid to Armour also. Just waiting for the full blood tests to come back for the proper balance. He says I need a higher dose though. Great to hear you have more energy
    Thanks... I was surprised at how soon I could feel a difference! I'm not 100% yet but it's a nice shock to not feel so draggy

Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I'm on Erfa Thyroid which is the same thing as Armour, just canadian and manufactured in Belgium.
    I'm on 30 mg for the moment but I'm slowly building my way up to 60 mg.
    Have you noticed a difference in energy or anything else yet?

Quote Originally Posted by sunshine* View Post
    hi there

I've been on Armour for about 3 years. I don't know what Synthroid is (i'm in Australia) but I started on thyroxine (maybe it's similar? It's synthetic anyway) This did nothing for me so my open minded doc prescribed me the Armour and it has worked quite well.
    Thyroxine is the same thing just a different name. Have your doses changed much over the course of 3 years? Do you take it sublingual or just swallow with water?

Quote Originally Posted by kkratz57 View Post
    Yup, I made the same leap you did about a year ago after my doc suggested it -- and I was going to bring it up with him, but he beat me to the punch. I definitely feel better on it.
    Awesome!

Thyroid update:

I started Armour 3 weeks ago at 60mg. A week ago I had lab work done. My T3 went from 1.6 to 2.2 in 2 weeks. The reference range is 2.3-4.2. My doctor raised my dose to 120mg and I'm going to test again in a week.

After a week of taking Armour I already had more energy and some of the other sympoms faded! I can't wait to see how I'm going to feel when we find the right dose.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast