Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anyone else on Armour Thyroid? page 5

GoJenGo is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    When I first started on the Armour I felt like I was reacting a little bit but attributed it to the fact that it's dessicated porcine thyroid and I've wondered about having a sensitivity to pork - I gave up my beloved pork rinds for that reason some time ago. That feeling went away, though. Sometimes I'll still have a little bit of achiness in my glands and the lymph nodes along my neck and just under and behind my ears, though. Seems to correlate with my dose but isn't consistent and doesn't seem to be causing any real damage that I know of.

I've also noticed that I feel the effect of the Armour MUCH MORE by taking it sublingually. I'm talking a big difference, here! Sometimes I just let it dissolve whole and sometimes I'll chew it just a little and then let the tiny pieces dissolve. Glad I read that people have had good results with this method.
    Life is not a matter of having good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.

- Robert Louis Stevenson

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    I just did the protocol at STTM. Go up 1/2 grain every two weeks. It's worked well for me. I go by my personal list of thyroid symptoms: hair loss, energy, mood, interest in things that used to interest me, easily going up stairs without thinking about it, etc. I started around 3/10 on everything and am up to about 7/10 on most (5/10 on some), with 10 being how I used to feel before this started going downhill.

STTM recommends chewing Armour & Naturethroid and taking under the tongue. I always do that.
    Glad you are feeling better! I'm probably about a 7/10 also. Does your prescribing doctor let you go by symptoms? I've thought about raising my dose by 1/2 grain but I'll run out of medicine eventually before I can refill again.

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJenGo View Post

I've also noticed that I feel the effect of the Armour MUCH MORE by taking it sublingually. I'm talking a big difference, here! Sometimes I just let it dissolve whole and sometimes I'll chew it just a little and then let the tiny pieces dissolve. Glad I read that people have had good results with this method.
    I started chewing the armour up before I swallow. I'm half asleep when I take it and don't want to wait for it to fully dissolve

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I think my prescribing doctor is inside. He just handed me a big container and told me to take 1 grain per day. I followed STTM instead, and when I was almost out, called for a refill and they just mailed it to me. !
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345