Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else on Armour Thyroid? page 4

brooke.S. is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovana View Post
    I'm taking thyroxine and not noticing any difference whether I take it or not. I don't think i have any symptoms of under active thyroid... I'm never tired or anything. Is this normal? Might consider trying something else like armour instead... :S
    Do you have any symptoms of hypothyroid? I knew I needed a differnt approach from synthroid because all my labs were out of whack and I felt horrible... no energy, slight weight gain even though working out like crazy, hair falling out, nails braking, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by GoJenGo View Post
    Still awaiting test results for antibodies as well as rT3. Thankfully, I'm now under the care of someone who usually checks these levels WITHOUT being asked by her patients!

Great to read that you are already seeing positive results in your labwork AND feeling a little more energy, brookesam. Hope you continue to feel improvement and will keep us updated.
    I know what you mean.... when I found my doctor it was such a relief to know he looks at the whole picture. He checked ferritin and vitamin d levels, adrenals and who knows whatelse. Normally I would have to walk into my doctors office and tell them I wanted a full thyroid panel bc they never checked T3. Not only did he prescribe Armour but told me what supplements to take and how much.

Quote Originally Posted by JEL62 View Post
    This topic interests me because I am sole caregiver for my mom who has Alzheimer's. Although her thyroid testing always comes up normal (she is on synthroid) she displays symptoms that worry me... always cold... etc. I understand that switching to Armour may be of benefit to her but I cannot convince her doctor to change her meds. Any suggestions?

You will probably have to find a doctor that prescribes Armour already. I used google and typed in a couple of the biggest cities near me. I also prayed that God would lead me to the right doctor and the next day I already had an appt with my current doctor.

Another way is to ask you pharmacist what doctors in your area prescribe Armour.

You said that her thyroid testing is normal... some doctors will treat accorrding to symptoms but some won't. Her labs will probably have to be out of range for the meds. But thats just my two cents

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    I'm on Naturethroid, which is what Armour was before the reformulation it underwent a couple years back, but same idea. Desiccated natural thyroid with T1, T2, T3 and T4. If you feel better on Armour than you did on Synthroid it's probably because you've got a T4 to T3 conversion issue and the T3 present in Armour is helping you.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    I'm on Naturethroid, which is what Armour was before the reformulation it underwent a couple years back, but same idea. Desiccated natural thyroid with T1, T2, T3 and T4. If you feel better on Armour than you did on Synthroid it's probably because you've got a T4 to T3 conversion issue and the T3 present in Armour is helping you.
    Sent you a PM, please check!

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    EagleRiverDee, I noticed some joint inflammation and thought it could be linked to the fillers in Armour. My doc prescribed Naturethroid because the fillers are different. Have you used Armour and can compare the two? Thanks!

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I began Naturethroid in September and it's like my life has started again, after a six year pause. It's amazing. I'm up to 6.5 grains per day, though, and still not feeling full strength. It's actually 4grains Naturethroid & 2.5 grains Thyro-Gold (OTC NDT). I know I have a couple more levels to go.

Strangely, my TSH last time it was checked was .03. I think I have a pituitary problem, then, too. My free T3 is crazy low, so it's obvious the TSH is not doing its job.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

I'm on 120 mg of armour... I guess that's 2 grains. I'll be taking 130mg of naturethroid. I wonder if I'm taking enough. My labs were great last time but I haven't felt much different than when I was taking 60mg. But with that being said, I have pretty good energy and don't crash at 4:00 like I used to.

I know the fillers can make a effect absorption... I wonder if I will notice a difference with Naturethroid?

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I just did the protocol at STTM. Go up 1/2 grain every two weeks. It's worked well for me. I go by my personal list of thyroid symptoms: hair loss, energy, mood, interest in things that used to interest me, easily going up stairs without thinking about it, etc. I started around 3/10 on everything and am up to about 7/10 on most (5/10 on some), with 10 being how I used to feel before this started going downhill.

STTM recommends chewing Armour & Naturethroid and taking under the tongue. I always do that.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by brookesam View Post
    EagleRiverDee, I noticed some joint inflammation and thought it could be linked to the fillers in Armour. My doc prescribed Naturethroid because the fillers are different. Have you used Armour and can compare the two? Thanks!
    I can't compare the two, but I've heard that Armour uses cellulose as it's binder and that many people have issues with cellulose (allergies, mostly). My good friend was on Armour before the reformulation and she said it didn't work anywhere at all the same afterward. I've been on Naturethroid from the beginning and it has worked fine for me. If you have the option of trying Erfa, Naturethroid or Westhroid you might ask your doc if you can switch and see if a different formulation works better for you.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast