Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Milk Alternatives that are not nut, rice, or coconut based? page 2

Jamie Madrox is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    What about clarified butter?
    yeah i have some but its so expensive and when i try to make it myself i just mess it up, so i use it sparingly. I want some sort of thick liquid to use as mashed potato thinning agent and something i can mix with chocolate for cocoa and such. I bought some hemp hearts today so ill attempt hemp milk tomorrow.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Just give up all milk. I don't use any kind of milk-like-substance and I don't miss it at all.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Madrox View Post
    yeah i have some but its so expensive and when i try to make it myself i just mess it up.
    It's very hard to pour off the yellow fat without re-mixing the two layers, but I found a trick: Melt the butter, but then pour it into a Ziplock bag with one corner pointing downward. Let it sit for 5-10 minutes; don't touch it. The white milk will settle in the bottom corner of the bag, with the yellow fat on top. Snip off a tiny corner of the bag, let the milk stuff run out, and then quickly move the bag over another container when the yellow fat starts spurting out. You can do this even with cheap butter.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12