Thread: Books for obese paleo and weight loss page

Isisinabi is offline Member

Books for obese paleo and weight loss

Curious to know if there is a book about the actual weight loss that you could recommend. I'm in the middle of losing and I'm stalled at 266/264. I'm looking for a book to read that's specifically tailored to those of us who are in this situation.

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    Mark's book is a pretty good one, if you haven't read it.

If you are stalled, refocus and try a n=1 expirement. IF, adding more exercise (depending on what you are currently doing), getting more sleep, adding primal carbs, etc... You can find the answer that works for you.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Marks 21 day total transformation Store - Books and Media - Primal Blueprint
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Isisinabi is offline Member
    I have Marks 21 transformation book. I been reading that but I'm looking for more info. I kinda want to know if there are like steps to do if one thing happens or steps to do if something else happens. And what to add to your diet at which point. Like since I'm stalled I need to know if my extra workouts are too much or if I'm doing the wrong exercises for weight loss.

There's just so much out there and a lot of it is not tailored to big people losing weight. More of it is "I'm already buff how do I get more buff" which doesn't help me at all.

Scott F is offline Senior Member
    Myself, I don't exercise to burn calories. You just don't burn that many. I do exercise, however, for the the positive metabolic effect it has. So my goal in exercise isn't volume but efficiency. Weight training like that in Body By Science is something I do about once per week. I add to that walking up to an hour 4 to 5 days per week. That's my foundation, but I like to block my training through the year so once or twice I'll do something like P90X type training for a couple to three months. I don't know if there's a book like the one you are looking for. Of the different paleo/primal related books I've read I think Marks 21 Day Total Trans is the easiest prescription approach to follow. The other books I've read are more theory oriented.

If you could be more specific about your diet and exercise there's probably some trainers in here who could give you some good advice.
    Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    quantum paleo is one I just read (it was a free kindle at one time).
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.