Thread: Ox Tail Soup recipe? page

Catrin is online now Senior Member

Ox Tail Soup recipe?

Primal Fuel
    What is your favorite recipe for Ox Tail soup?

I've read that ox tails have a lot of fat with a different mouth feel. I just made a killer braised short rib recipe last weekend from the Practical Paleo (braised in tomato sauce and dates). I imagine that it would work for ox tails if I choose but with the cooler temps I would like to try to make soup with it.

peril is offline Senior Member
    Any beef soup recipe should do. Its the large amount of gelatin that gives it the mouth feel. Taiwan's famous beef noodle soup can give you a good start. Noodles are easily left out
    Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Catrin is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I tried this recipe for ox tail stew and it was awesome! I like the mouth-feel but it was different. I removed the top layer of fat after chilling it overnight before completing the process, I assume this will be good for drippings. The fat is also filled with seasoning as well so it will be interesting I found the link on someone's post here in another thread.