Thread: Can't eat enough! page

Kochin is offline Senior Member

Can't eat enough!

Primal Fuel
    OK, recently I've upped my activity and am making a point of getting cold sometimes, to keep my immune system "alert" (if it's used to the cold, it will, theoretically, fight off flus and colds better than if I mollycoddle it and keep it at exactly 36C all the time). This means I need more kcal. I know I need more, because I feel hungry, but have no particular "craving" or interest in food, which is usually my body asking for an energy source.

But I can't eat. I literally feel sick when I put even a nibble in. And it doesn't seem to be psychological: I can chew and swallow fine, but, about 3-5 minutes in, when the stomach has started to break it down properly, I feel sick.

It doesn't seem to be stomach size, either, as I haven't eaten recently enough to still be full, besides a few bites of this and that, trying to fuel myself. It's literally as if my body's got a "split mind": one side wants energy, the other has a kcal limit. /:

My body seems to have "appetite cut off points":
    1300kcal if the day is warm and I'm inactive, which I can boost to 1500kcal without issue.
    1500kcal if the day is cold or I'm active, which I can boost to 1800kcal, no probs.
    But much over 1800kcal and my body starts acting up.

Help?

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Managing to force some chicken liver pate, dried fruit and almond flakes in (separately and in nibbles), but I'd still like to know if there's a way to make this easier. I don't want food to become a "duty".