Thread: What is going on? page

echoyjeff222 is offline Senior Member

What is going on?

Shop Now
    For the past three or four months, I haven't really ate any raw foods - I've cooked all my veggies. Today, I tried to eat some raw salad and I have no clue what is going on - my entire mouth feels itchy, swollen, and like sandpaper was rubbed around inside!

WHAT is going on? Is my mouth not used to the food anymore, or is there some sort of reaction going on?
    feel free to take a look at my journal!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...primal-journal!

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like you're allergic to something in the salad. I'm allergic to certain things when raw, but can eat them cooked (e.g. I'm allergic to raw hazelnuts, but can eat them just fine roasted or in chocolate).

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Yes sounds like an allergic/sensitivity reaction, either there was something on the salad that you reacted to, or one or more of the ingredients was a trigger.

What was in the salad - there may be something that is quite commonly causes a reaction that someone could point out.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a reaction to me. I can't eat cilantro-- it tastes like soap to me and it also makes my mouth itch and burn. Strangely, there are some bagged salad blends that contain this wretched herb.