Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do you have an elevator speech? page 3

michaelhuddleston is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    I get asked that question, a lot! My typical answer is, "You know, I eat as low to the ground as possible."

Most get it while others look at me as though I had just beamed in from another dimension...

In fact, after my last colonoscopy both the nurse and doc asked, "What the heck do you eat?" The doc was curious because he told me my colon looked as though it had been cleaned with steel wool... too funny.

Bosnic is offline Senior Member
    "I eat natural foods, like meat and vegetables. And I get most of my calories from healthy fats, like from animals, fish, olive/coconut oil, butter, nuts, that sort of stuff."

And if I'm asked why I don't want a piece of cake or a can of pop I say: "I don't feel well when I eat too much sugar."
    Last edited by Bosnic; 11-02-2012 at 05:07 PM.

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    I've been thinking about this...
    I think I might start saying something like, " I eat whatever doesn't give me explosive diarrhea."
    It's a lie, but it could be useful in other situations too. Like when you go to the inlaws, or your coworkers want to serve you, or your parents are visiting...
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

Forgotmylastusername is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I hate it when people do that. But I am just trying to define Primal by what I DO eat as opposed to what I've cut out.
    Same. If I'm talking to someone about what I eat I bring up the things that I like to eat. It's a lot more social friendly than rattling off a long list of things that leaves you looking like a primmadona.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    Same. If I'm talking to someone about what I eat I bring up the things that I like to eat. It's a lot more social friendly than rattling off a long list of things that leaves you looking like a primmadona.
    Exactly and it also makes Primal not sound like some weird self imposed torture , "I CAN'T eat this and I WON'T eat that." I like to take all about the great things in the Primal diet such as steak and eggs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123