Thread: Day 1 breakfast? How am I doing? page

cinderella is offline Junior Member

Red face Day 1 breakfast? How am I doing?

Primal Fuel
    Hello everyone! This is my first day trying Paleo. I feel like I have eaten way too much this morning - even though I was very careful to stick to allowed foods. Here is what I have had so far:

1) Started work at 5 am - had a banana at 5 am when I got here
    2) Breakfast - 2 egg omelet with spinach, tomato, jalapeno, a little ham, a little sausage and a little bacon
    3) Snack - cashews 2.5 ounces
    4) A ton of water

I am not counting calories as recommended but this just seems like a lot of food. Is this too much food? I won't be able to eat again until 4 pm (work issues) so I felt I should eat now and hopefully not feel hungry later. Probably should have saved cashews for snack around noon but I was still hungry (not hungry - just munchie) after my omelet.

Any input would be fantastic! Thank you!

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Depending on what your goals and desired outcomes are, looks good to me.
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Looks good to me! If you are just starting out you might want to pack yourself two or three snacks to help get you through the day. You don't want to get caught off guard starving and having to hit up a vending machine or McDonald's. Snacks saved me in the beginning.

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Look into it yourself but, I know lots of paleo circles wont eat sausage, like breakfast sausage and stuff.

Besides that, looks good. surprised its ONLY a 2 egg omlete.

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Great start. Keep up the good work.

I think you will soon adjust your thinking about what you consider is a little or a lot of food.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations for commencing Paleo. As time goes on, let us know a little more about you, your history, your current situation and what your current goals are. It's hard to 'assess' your breakfast without knowing more about you.

Congratulations for embarking on a lifestyle that is supported and healthy. We look forward to knowing more about you.

Best, Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

cinderella is offline Junior Member
    Thank you all for the input. I am starting at 195 (Agggghhh!) I am 40 years old, 5'7" and wearing size 14-16. 11 years ago when I got married I weighed 138 so this is a huge amount of weight and I am definitely not feeling healthy or energetic. About 5 years ago I weighed 150. 138lbs was very tough for me to maintain - ate very little and exercised a ton. I am hopeful that paleo will teach me how to eat healthy (no more diet, frozen, boxed lunches, no more crazy plans.) I need this to be a lifelong change. Thank you for the feedback and I'll keep reading and learning from all of you!