Thread: Me and my dark chocolate page

spicegirl is offline Senior Member

Me and my dark chocolate

Shop Now
    Well, I got a little chocolate thing going. I'm kind of hooked. I'm pretty caffeine sensitive, so it hops me up a lot.

But, I also like that happy feeling, which I think it is the buzz from theobromine.

I can be incredibly disciplined. Other than chocolate, I won't eat anything that has even a tiny bit of sugar.

I considered buying some theobromine until I read that it ups your heart rate and dilates your blood vessels and that freaked me out a bit.

I take magnesium pretty consistently, but could I need more or something else???

Thanks - she says with eyes wide up and a pep in her step!

spicegirl

otzi Guest
    I'm a choco-holic, too. I have taken to eating raw cocoa nibs. Give them a try!

Yeah, I have those too. But, I keep going for the 88% Endangered Species bars. I just hate this feeling of being so wired! I can't work, can't sleep, it is nuts.

I just found a link that says mag, calcium, zinc, C and B vitamins help. I have not been taking my Bs and without grains wonder if I get enough. I'm going to be more diligent about my supplements and see if that helps.

Still open for input.

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    I seemed to have lost my flavor for Dark chocolate. I was making my own for awhile there with dark chocolate, coconut oil, and flakes and walnuts but just don't seem to want any anymore.
    Health is Wealth!

Thanks simpstr. You know what, I've simply decided to just let it go. I took the remainders of my most recent bar purchase and put it down the garbage disposal. Done. I just don't like the way I feel, and that's basically why we're all here.

I will be sure to take my supplements, but I'm just over it at this moment.

Thanks!
    sg

Caveman_Sam is offline Member
    Try the salted dark chocolate bark from the primal cookbook

Nigel is offline Senior Member
    My wife and I eat 25gms of dark chocolate every day as a treat after washing up the dinner things.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

simpstr is offline Senior Member
    I used to have a square with some almond butter.
    Health is Wealth!

Paleobird Guest
    Try some Crio Bru (there is a whole thread about it around here somewhere). That is a great way to get your chocolate yumminess without any sugar.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Copied from another post o'mine, just make it with coconut milk and coconut cream, if you don't do dairy.

"The best hot-chocolate I've ever had.
    I'm a HUUUUUUUGE chocolate fan and hot-chocolate was always insanely sweetened, home-made, with sugar, honey, whipped cream and maybe a commercial chocolate bar melted in. Clearly, even as an occassional thing, this isn't healthy.

So, I got some Cadbury's pure cocoa powder (100% cocoa, naught else!) and concocted this: 1-2 teaspoons pure cocoa powder, 250ml gold-top milk (Swap for coconut, organic, almond, raw, fresh...), 100ml double-cream (Again, naught added! You can still swap for butter or a non-dairy alternative, it's just for thickness.) and a pinch of paprika (cayenne or chili-powder work well too) and a pinch of cinnamon.
    Heat the milk. Stir in the cocoa, cinnamon and chili. Re-heat and stir vigorously to mix thoroughly. Pour in the cream.

The best hot-chocolate EVER. It wasn't sweet, no. It was mildly bitter, much like coffee, but not as intense, with a creamy, chocolatey flavour that covered my tongue, all enhanced by the warmness of the paprika and cinnamon.

Simply amazing... "