Thread: Stuck at 265-264, wondering if its time to add sprinting page

Isisinabi is offline Member

Stuck at 265-264, wondering if its time to add sprinting

Primal Fuel
    Greetings all,

I've gone from 318 to 265 since I started back in the summer, and I have been stuck at 265-264 for about a month.

Around the end of August I was stuck as well but I seemed to be able to pull out of it. This time, I can't. I'm eating the same things, 2 eggs, 4 strips of bacon for breakfast, chicken thighs with skin for lunch, and either roast, fish, chicken or pork chops for dinner with lots of veggies. I don't even eat as many potatoes as I used to, I'll have half a potato maybe 2-3 times a week and I keep my rice with my fish to a very small teaspoon.

I am wondering if its because it's cold out here in Ohio now and I'm not walking at all. I joined a gym to walk in and sprint in but I'm highly intimidated of those people and the one time I walked in there I got so stressed out I started shaking. I can't go in there with those people, not yet. I'm still dancing for 30+ minutes 3 times a week, started doing squats, push ups and weight lifting but I'm not seeing any improvement in the fat loss. I thought that maybe I would be hungrier for protein or something since I'm putting on more muscle or that I'd see more muscle or SOMETHING but it's like my fat isn't going away on my body and my muscles aren't getting bigger or anything. It's like I'm not even doing anything and to be frank it's starting to piss me off.

This week I took a week off from doing anything at all, and lo and behold STILL at 264. Another forum told me to add more fat, so I did. I added 1 oz of almonds, and I'm drinking coconut milk. Still nothing. I've been cooking in either coconut oil or bacon fat since I started, and no change there. I don't know what else to add as far as fats, other than going out and eating a stick of butter and I don't have a clue what ghee is and my Whole Foods, Giant Eagle, Kroger none of that has it and nobody knows wtf it is either.

I basically have no idea what I'm doing wrong. Any help?

Edit: female, 31, 5'4. I eat about 1200 calories a day.
    Last edited by Isisinabi; 11-01-2012 at 11:12 AM.

adamm is offline Senior Member
    Are you male or female? What is your height? How old are you? How many calories a day do you eat? Have you spent two weeks tracking everything? Including the tsp of olive oil in your salad?

I used to track the big things. Then one day, just for giggles, I put in all the little things. A teaspoon of rice I cooked for my family (wanted to taste the seasonings). 1 tspn of olive oil in my salad, 1/2 tsp of balsamic vinegar, etc.

All those little things added up to an extra 800 calories over the day or so.

--Me
    Last edited by adamm; 11-01-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    I just read your title. Ill just add that sprinting revs your metabolism. I have a low body fat % but I still notice if I pack a bit on after a loose weekend, I sprint and the next day i def notice a difference in my figure. Just one sprint.

Isisinabi is offline Member
    I'm still under 1200 calories a day. Maybe I'm not eating enough for the muscle I'm gaining?

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    That's a very low calorie intake to be maintaining at your weight, but perhaps that is down to gaining muscle. I'm sure that being more active would be a good idea for you. As you feel intimidated at they gym, try to do more at home, e.g. dancing to your favourite music. Also, lifting free weights can be done at home, in front of the TV if you like.

It's a shame that you feel intimidated at the gym ... I'm sure that other folk will admire you once they see that you are making progress.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I don't think you are eating enough. Have you considered getting a kettlebell or two to use at home? Kettlebells are great and offer tons of different exercises that can be done in the privacy of your home.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74