Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Dark under eye circles page 5

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Primal Fuel
    definitely agree with the food allergies. You can see these dark undereye circles on little kids (like MY son before we went gluten and dairy free)....and it's not age related at that point in life. I can spot them and immediately think there is food they need to avoid.
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

kiks is offline Member
    are you anemic by any chance? i have olive skin and i too have under eye dark circles, and especially around that time of the month they show more.

lorichka6 is offline Senior Member
    I have dark circles too. And this does nothing to make them go away... but it does make them less noticeable - exercise in the morning. Sometimes when I wake up they look so bad - I'm pale, probably a little dehydrated, etc and I feel as though they are all you see when you look at my face. But a 2.5 mile run later and a shower it is night and day. People always comment about my skin and rosy cheeks and honest - it happens the days when I workout in the morning and am a little more active during the day. Helps me get out there and run the days I don't want to too... a little incentive.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Someone on another thread (Geostump, thank you!) asked about using castor oil for regrowing hair. I didn't know anything about it, but I started digging, and ended up getting mildly obsessed with castor oil in the past week. I found a website yesterday that mentioned using castor oil to get rid of dark under eye circles. I figured, what the heck? I'll give anything a try.

So last night I put some under my eyes (I mix the castor oil 1:1 with coconut oil to make it easier to use) and on my eyelids, careful not to use too much so it wouldn't drip into my eyes. I only slept about 4.5 hours last night and was fully prepared to see a monster in the mirror, but SURPRISE! For the first time in about 10 years, my dark circles were gone...even after a crap night of sleep.

Castor oil is supposed to be good for about a million different things, and I'm just beginning to explore it, but I figured that other people might be interested in trying this out. I got a tiny bottle (4 oz) for $2 at the grocery store (in the pharmacy section, with the laxatives, since it can be taken for that purpose, also.) You can buy better quality ones in health food stores. I mixed it with coconut oil, but you can mix it with any type of oil you want (or none at all), and a little goes a LONG way.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    BB, that's very interesting. Thanks for sharing. I'll definitely give it a try for my dark-ish under eye circles.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Well, I used the castor oil last night, just by itself and when I looked in the mirror this morning, I thought I saw improvement. The dark circles were not really circles but smaller spots only at the corners under my eyes.
    I'm very curious to see if the improvement will continue.
    I have always thought that dark under eye circles are due to the skin being very thin in that area.

rearlwriter is offline Junior Member
    I've been paleo/primal for almost 4 months and just noticed that the dark circles under my eyes are disappearing. I've had them all my life. It's a nice bonus, in addition to the 33 pounds lost and absence of tummy issues (also for the first time in my life).

GiGiEats is offline Senior Member
    For me, eating some shellfish, specifically shrimp causes big baggies under my eyes! You should do a trial and error with your diet to see what it may/may not be!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345