Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dark under eye circles page 4

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    nixxy, your eyes are gorgeous and the whole look works. I can understand you want to address it if it is a sign of an underlying problem but you are pretty, so I wouldn't worry about it as a superficial issue - it works.

Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Nixxy, from what I understand the GAPS diet is a temporary diet that heals your gut so that eventually your body does not react to the things that triggered the allergic response. We are probably going to start the diet after the holidays.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    I know this doesn't help with the underlying cause, but a model friend of mine used to swear by preparation h to get rid of dark circles/bags under her eyes for early morning shoots :-)

From a quick search on dr google, it seems quite popular ..
    Preparation H & Dark Circles (a remedy?) | Dark Under Eyes

On a slightly related side note, for treating bruising and scarring hirudoid is fantastic and rose hip oil is amazing for stretch marks and wrinkles :-)
    Last edited by Misabi; 11-04-2012 at 01:46 AM.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Well, I find your eyes quite beautiful.

I have deep set eyes and darker circles. Any change in my sleep or diet or health makes a more pronounced change than others it seems. I've learned to live with it and to use concealer when I wear make-up. At this point, that is really the only make-up I wear.

Is it hereditary? Look at your closest relatives..

Did you have a full iron panel run? It might take time for the dark circles to disappear once your levels have come within a normal range. Not sure on that one.

Make sure you have adequate Vitamin C, Vitamin K and zinc.

Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100

"In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

nixxy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    nixxy, your eyes are gorgeous and the whole look works. I can understand you want to address it if it is a sign of an underlying problem but you are pretty, so I wouldn't worry about it as a superficial issue - it works.
    Hahahah I wasn't aware a dark under eye "look" existed.

I just really don't want to have to wear makeup and I'd feel much more at ease doing so if I wasn't worried people thought I looked tired/unhealthy

Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Nixxy, from what I understand the GAPS diet is a temporary diet that heals your gut so that eventually your body does not react to the things that triggered the allergic response. We are probably going to start the diet after the holidays.
    I have looked at GAPS briefly but my current lifestyle situation really doesn't allow for any kind of implementation of something like that. Maybe next year when I'm back in a normal routine I could look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    I know this doesn't help with the underlying cause, but a model friend of mine used to swear by preparation h to get rid of dark circles/bags under her eyes for early morning shoots :-)

From a quick search on dr google, it seems quite popular ..
    Preparation H & Dark Circles (a remedy?) | Dark Under Eyes

On a slightly related side note, for treating bruising and scarring hirudoid is fantastic and rose hip oil is amazing for stretch marks and wrinkles :-)
    Innnteresting. I have seen that mentioned before for puffy eyes but I didn't know it could work for dark circles. Thanks
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

nixxy is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    Well, I find your eyes quite beautiful.

I have deep set eyes and darker circles. Any change in my sleep or diet or health makes a more pronounced change than others it seems. I've learned to live with it and to use concealer when I wear make-up. At this point, that is really the only make-up I wear.

Is it hereditary? Look at your closest relatives..

Did you have a full iron panel run? It might take time for the dark circles to disappear once your levels have come within a normal range. Not sure on that one.

Make sure you have adequate Vitamin C, Vitamin K and zinc.
    Thank you

The sunken eyes is hereditary... but my relatives don't seem to get the "dark" look like I do.
    I have luckily been getting heaps of vitamin C and have been making sure to take it with my iron.
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

patski is offline Senior Member
    Before you do GAPS nixxy, read up on what Chris Kresser has to say about it.

He had an article about how many people don't feel any better doing it, or do it for too long, have certain foods EXCLUDED for too long, it's extremely time consuming, etc. If I can find the exact article, I'll post it.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

patski is offline Senior Member
    BAM!

RHR: CoQ10, Vaccination, and Natural Treatment for Migraines

It's right there in the beginning of the transcript.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

quelsen is offline Senior Member
    i admit, tl;dr

has anyone discussed electrolyte balance? or low b12?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66

Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    BAM!

RHR: CoQ10, Vaccination, and Natural Treatment for Migraines

It's right there in the beginning of the transcript.
    That link has lots of good info, ta.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast