Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48

Thread: Dark under eye circles page 4

  1. #31
    lambchop's Avatar
    lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    308
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    nixxy, your eyes are gorgeous and the whole look works. I can understand you want to address it if it is a sign of an underlying problem but you are pretty, so I wouldn't worry about it as a superficial issue - it works.

  2. #32
    Urban Forager's Avatar
    Urban Forager is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    2,862
    Nixxy, from what I understand the GAPS diet is a temporary diet that heals your gut so that eventually your body does not react to the things that triggered the allergic response. We are probably going to start the diet after the holidays.

  3. #33
    Misabi's Avatar
    Misabi is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,783
    I know this doesn't help with the underlying cause, but a model friend of mine used to swear by preparation h to get rid of dark circles/bags under her eyes for early morning shoots :-)

    From a quick search on dr google, it seems quite popular ..
    Preparation H & Dark Circles (a remedy?) | Dark Under Eyes

    On a slightly related side note, for treating bruising and scarring hirudoid is fantastic and rose hip oil is amazing for stretch marks and wrinkles :-)
    Last edited by Misabi; 11-04-2012 at 01:46 AM.
    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

    Quote Originally Posted by tfarny View Post
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

  4. #34
    PHaselow's Avatar
    PHaselow is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    725
    Well, I find your eyes quite beautiful.

    I have deep set eyes and darker circles. Any change in my sleep or diet or health makes a more pronounced change than others it seems. I've learned to live with it and to use concealer when I wear make-up. At this point, that is really the only make-up I wear.

    Is it hereditary? Look at your closest relatives..

    Did you have a full iron panel run? It might take time for the dark circles to disappear once your levels have come within a normal range. Not sure on that one.

    Make sure you have adequate Vitamin C, Vitamin K and zinc.

    Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100


    "In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

  5. #35
    nixxy's Avatar
    nixxy is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by lambchop View Post
    nixxy, your eyes are gorgeous and the whole look works. I can understand you want to address it if it is a sign of an underlying problem but you are pretty, so I wouldn't worry about it as a superficial issue - it works.
    Hahahah I wasn't aware a dark under eye "look" existed.

    I just really don't want to have to wear makeup and I'd feel much more at ease doing so if I wasn't worried people thought I looked tired/unhealthy

    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Nixxy, from what I understand the GAPS diet is a temporary diet that heals your gut so that eventually your body does not react to the things that triggered the allergic response. We are probably going to start the diet after the holidays.
    I have looked at GAPS briefly but my current lifestyle situation really doesn't allow for any kind of implementation of something like that. Maybe next year when I'm back in a normal routine I could look at it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Misabi View Post
    I know this doesn't help with the underlying cause, but a model friend of mine used to swear by preparation h to get rid of dark circles/bags under her eyes for early morning shoots :-)

    From a quick search on dr google, it seems quite popular ..
    Preparation H & Dark Circles (a remedy?) | Dark Under Eyes

    On a slightly related side note, for treating bruising and scarring hirudoid is fantastic and rose hip oil is amazing for stretch marks and wrinkles :-)
    Innnteresting. I have seen that mentioned before for puffy eyes but I didn't know it could work for dark circles. Thanks
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

    Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

    My blog
    My journal

  6. #36
    nixxy's Avatar
    nixxy is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    284
    Quote Originally Posted by PHaselow View Post
    Well, I find your eyes quite beautiful.

    I have deep set eyes and darker circles. Any change in my sleep or diet or health makes a more pronounced change than others it seems. I've learned to live with it and to use concealer when I wear make-up. At this point, that is really the only make-up I wear.

    Is it hereditary? Look at your closest relatives..

    Did you have a full iron panel run? It might take time for the dark circles to disappear once your levels have come within a normal range. Not sure on that one.

    Make sure you have adequate Vitamin C, Vitamin K and zinc.
    Thank you

    The sunken eyes is hereditary... but my relatives don't seem to get the "dark" look like I do.
    I have luckily been getting heaps of vitamin C and have been making sure to take it with my iron.
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

    Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

    My blog
    My journal

  7. #37
    patski's Avatar
    patski is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Suburbs of Toronto
    Posts
    1,239
    Before you do GAPS nixxy, read up on what Chris Kresser has to say about it.

    He had an article about how many people don't feel any better doing it, or do it for too long, have certain foods EXCLUDED for too long, it's extremely time consuming, etc. If I can find the exact article, I'll post it.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

    Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

  8. #38
    patski's Avatar
    patski is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Suburbs of Toronto
    Posts
    1,239
    BAM!

    RHR: CoQ10, Vaccination, and Natural Treatment for Migraines

    It's right there in the beginning of the transcript.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

    Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

  9. #39
    quelsen's Avatar
    quelsen is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Lexington Kentucky
    Posts
    2,972
    i admit, tl;dr

    has anyone discussed electrolyte balance? or low b12?
    Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

    Predator not Prey
    Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

    CW 315 | SW 506
    Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


    Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

  10. #40
    lambchop's Avatar
    lambchop is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    308
    Quote Originally Posted by patski View Post
    BAM!

    RHR: CoQ10, Vaccination, and Natural Treatment for Migraines

    It's right there in the beginning of the transcript.
    That link has lots of good info, ta.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •