Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dark under eye circles page 3

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post

How to stop histamine release though? I am allergic to everything. As far as I know, anti-histamine medication just stops the effects of histamines, it doesn't actually stop your body producing them... does anyone know if that is true, or of any other ways to stop histamines being released?
    Do you have symptoms of histamine intolerance? I have a suspicion this might be my issue, because I have low blood pressure and some other symptoms. (Incidentally, I also have dark circles under my eyes regardless of how much I sleep.) If so, the only way to deal with it is to eliminate/reduce consuming things that contain or trigger histamine release.

Histamine intolerance

The Food List - Histamine Intolerance

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Chronic cardio promotes histamine release, as do certain foods such as spinach, tomato and citrus. Also gluten and phytic acid can do so if you have a connective tissue disorder that renders your mast cells to release histamine more readily.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

PrimalPumpkin is offline Senior Member
    Dark circles are the bane of my existance. I could live with cellulite and the stupid wrinkle one one side of my mouth (it appeared when I lost a lot of weight and makes me crazy) but the circles UGH! I did have some success getting them to be a bit less dark last year. I was using coconut oil around my eyes, like a lotion and I was taking iron. I am not sure which was helping or if it was a combo. I got lazy about both and they are dark as ever again. It was nice while it lasted though.

PrimalPumpkin is offline Senior Member
    Heck you can see the circles in my avatar picture, and that is plastered with concealer.

Jena is offline Senior Member
    Yeah... I have them too. There's nothing really wrong with me that is causing it, well lack of sleep, but it doesn't go away with enough sleep either. I just use a good concealer, lol.
    Cha-cha-cha changes.... turn and face the strange...

My journal - http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66276.html

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Dark circles under eyes are a sign of allergies. i thought mine were from airborne allergies my whole life, turned to be a dairy allergy. My child gets them after eating wheat and they last for weeks.

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Sinus congestion. The inflammation of the sinuses causes blood to pool in the capillary beds underneath the eyes. Slow venous return due to inflammation leaves blood sitting in the capillary beds waiting their turn to get into the venous system. That's what the Dr. told me anyhow.

nixxy is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the responses everyone, very helpful.

It sounds like allergies is probably the next thing for me to try and address. My big one, that got me hospitalised a few times when I was young, is dustmites. Obviously I cannot avoid those at all. I'll be a bit more strict with taking my allergy medication though, I only take it sporadically usually.
    Maybe I'll cut dairy again too. I go through phases of having it.

Age is definitely not it haha I'm only 20! Maybe next time I decide to buy a moisturiser I'll go for one with retinol in it though any way.
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nixxy View Post
    My eyes are quite "sunken" so the shadow effect really probably doesn't help but it's definitely the skin itself. I took a photo in full sunlight so there are no shadows....
    Attachment 9743
    That could be my under-eye darkness on a good day. It's been the bane of my existence since childhood. I was teased unmercifully by the other children and my grandmother was so cruel about it that I'm scarred for life. I've been told it's allergies. I've been told it's not enough sleep. I've been told it's bad hygiene (thanks grandma). I can't even put concealer on it because then I look like a person who put spackle on top of dark circles. So I have simply given up.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    Sbhikes, try sleeping on your back with your head slightly elevated to encourage drainage. Also try a Neti pot if you haven't already. Other than that you can try decongestants. If that doesn't work, then you probably have a different underlying issue than I do. Those are the things that worked for me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast