Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dark under eye circles page 2

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Guys - you are beautiful anyway !!! we all have little flaws ??? bug bears ??? no-one else notices them except us. Accentuate the positives, and you might not notice the bug bears as much ??????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    You are right Gwamma! I'm sure no one else notices or gives a stuff.

Its just that everyone is so almost perfect now after taking up primal, we have only the tiny things to occupy our thoughts :P
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Under eye circles are largely genetic. Some people have very thin skin around their eyes and will look perpetually sleep-deprived no matter what. Find a good rollerball eye serum and a good concealer.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

patski is offline Senior Member
    Food allergies.

Once I removed the worst offenders, the dark circles disappeared within less than two weeks.
    A Post-Primal PrimalPat

Do not allow yourself to become wrapped up in a food 'lifestyle'. That is ego, and you are not that.

aloerob is offline Member
    Hello,

As a guy I had the same problem. My friend is a dermatologist and she recommended using an eye cream that contains retinol, the over the counter version of Retin-A. This will increase the cologen in the area under the eye and allow the blood to not pool there. I know it's not a primal remedy but after using a product by Roc, I rid myself of the eye circles. Another benefit is it will also prevent eye wrinkles and crows feet.

good luck!
    9/13/12 6'2" 278lbs

Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65781.html

"Temptation chronicles the story of my life"

Bishop is offline Senior Member
    If it isn't completely your ethnicity and therefore genetic, it is likely food.
    I have always read that dark circles are the result of dairy for most people.
    If I cut dairy out of my fair skinned children's diets, the circles go away.
    Even in my own olive complexion I can lighten the circles a bit by going dairy free. However, they likely will never go away completely. Those of us with darker olive skin will always sport the smokey eye look.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    My wife had that for a long time, but got them really bad when she was dropping weight. The Chinese medicine that she was taking for that was for the liver, not the kidneys, and it seemed like it was related to losing weight and detoxing. There's something about lack of sleep that prevents proper liver function too, which is apparently why people who don't sleep well get them worse than others.

You might try some herbal supplements for detoxing, but you might have to suck it up for a while as your body heals itself.

*Note* I could be completely ignorant regarding the above information, as I have a pretty limited understanding of it.

interzone is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiana View Post
    Under eye circles are largely genetic. Some people have very thin skin around their eyes and will look perpetually sleep-deprived no matter what. Find a good rollerball eye serum and a good concealer.
    Yup. The only thing I've found that really does work us Clinique's dark circle corrector. Even though it's a little $$$, the tube lasts a long time and it seriously does work.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    High histamine levels from allergies or other causes, and vit B12 deficiency, are well-known common contributing factors to dark circles under the eyes.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

catdance62 is offline Senior Member
    I dont' know how old you are, but often times dark circles appear as we age due to thinning of skin in that area. this is very common. Also, genetics play a part.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast