Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Juicing? Really? page 3

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    juicing sounds awesome. I can have meat with a side of meat for every meal and still get my daily foilage.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    juicing sounds awesome. I can have meat with a side of meat for every meal and still get my daily foilage.
    Hahahaha, well-said!
    Little Saiyan

snoops is offline Senior Member
    Spinach, celery, cucumber, ginger, parsley, carrot, lemon. Daily

DeilaMiah is offline Senior Member
    I am on day 1 of a juice cleanse. As a sufferer of Fibromyalgia, and Chronic Fatigue, sometimes a break from digesting helps offset the pain and tiredness I have from both illnesses. Plus, I am going through some weird allergy side effects this year, and I am hoping that flooding myself with straight juice will help get the vitamins, minerals and nutrients into my system easier than eating the foods whole.

I am doing a Do-It-Yourself version of the BPC Cleanse for either 3 or 5 days (haven't decided yet). I have exactly ONE juice each day that is fruit based: pineapple/apple/lime. The other 5 juices are veggies/herbs/spices/lemon-lime based. I am also sipping green tea in between juices AND taking up to 4 T of coconut oil per day.

I am a HUGE FAN of whole food smoothies and, almost daily, have a Breakfast Green Smoothie of 3 cups spinach, aloe vera juice, greens powders, hemp seeds, small handful dried goji berries, flax seeds, coconut oil, etc. Anything that is sounding particularly *healthy* that morning.

ON THE FLIP SIDE: Some times there are people whose system needs a break but cannot take a complete nutrient *fast*. I am one of those people. I've tried fasting and, after about 16 hours, my extremities swell with excess water and I get absolutely ill.

PS> Seriously folks, some of your comments are positively nasty. If you can't say something nice, don't say anything AT ALL. You don't NEED to comment negatively about someone juicing if you don't. Live and Let Live.
    If you do not stand behind your military, feel free to stand in front of them!

EMAIL ME!

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    DeilaMiah, lovely words! I think we're on the same page as far as digestive fast vs nutritive fast. Are those words? Are now.

For those who were speaking about not liking the idea of juicing, have you tried it? I mean, really. I'm not trying to bring anyone over to the dark side or anything. I just am one of the people who thought it was a bit silly (as I originally mentioned it) and wanted to share because I feel so bloody good. I don't know if its the juicing or blasting Buena Vista Social club that makes me feel like dancing, but its the something.
    Little Saiyan

Stripes79 is offline Junior Member
    7-10 Carrots
    3 Celerystalks
    15 cherry Tomatoes
    1 Cucumber
    1 apple to add some sweetness.

That's good for two healthy servings a day.

camel is offline Senior Member
    Where do you live that you can buy tumeric root??? I wish I could find fresh tumeric root!

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    You can usually find it at an Asian ethnic grocery store. I see them all the time in Southern California markets.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    Where do you live that you can buy tumeric root??? I wish I could find fresh tumeric root!
    Yet another ingredient I would never be able to find here. SO, I bought some organic Curcumin powder to use as an anti inflammatory in my juices. I bought veggie caps as well to *pill* some up.

EMAIL ME!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey gang!

Those of you who ARE juicing, make sure you are saving your veggie pulp! I posted in the recipe forum for Scrap Broth. I just made up a batch and WOW! Delish!

EMAIL ME!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast