Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Juicing? Really? page 2

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Juicing is a great way to get a boatload of nutrients without having to eat plates and plates of veggies. As a supplement to regular eating, there's nothing wrong with it. Look at Jack LaLanne. What? He would have lived to 100 instead of only 97 if he hadn't juiced?

While Grok certainly didn't have an electric juicer, certainly he occasionally had a bellyache or a toothache and tried to get gentle foods into himself while getting better.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    I like just blending crap together in a food processor and cramming the resultant slop in my mouth so I get to keep the fiber, but I'm an idiot.

bdilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    I like just blending crap together in a food processor and cramming the resultant slop in my mouth so I get to keep the fiber, but I'm an idiot.
    this great blue world of ours seems a house of leaves, moments before the wind

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I like just blending crap together in a food processor and cramming the resultant slop in my mouth
    Me too, but not for the fiber. It's just easier. I've had two juicers in my life and the difficulty of cleaning them made me not use them. Blenders are easy to clean and they're cheap. I hate buying small appliances only to end up giving them to goodwill.

Juicing, by removing the fiber really lets you "eat" a crapload of veggies.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AuroraB View Post
    True, for some. I guess it would depend on your goal or the results you're looking for. I do regular fasts (IF) without even trying. Some days it's hard to get in enough calories.
    This may piss-off some people when I say that I'm the kind of emotional eater that doesn't eat when upset, stressed or depressed.
    I don't see any problems with juicing as such. Never have. I am, however, a proponent of eating, not drinking the majority of your calories, and I also think that consuming calories and nutrients while on a "fast", is kind of missing the point.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    The reason I prefer juicing is precisely because it eliminates the fiber, which has a tendency to bring on pain and bloating and inflammation for me. Juicing was a godsend while I was healing my IBS!

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Wow what an awesome bunch of comments! True, before I had the juicer, I'd just make smoothies with my stick blender, but I don't want as much sugar as that most times. I haven't juiced fruits, only veggies and herbs, plus lemon. And frankly, something about a vegetable smoothie just sounds disgusting to me where the vegetable juice is actually quite pleasant! Except when I tried adding a bit of carrot. Am I the only person alive who doesn't like carrot juice!?
    Little Saiyan

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Glad the OP didn't ask to make that juice-thing in the juicer at the store. The tumeric and salt and greens would probably have contaminated the equipment for weeks.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

ikaika is offline Senior Member
    Contaminated it with what? With awesome?

Those are all ingredients that they use in the in-store juices, they just don't have a set recipe containing all of them without some kind of sweetner/fruit added
    Little Saiyan

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by yaoxluanlbo View Post
    I am thinking I should not even bother.
    First honest spambot I've ever seen
    Last edited by Bushrat; 11-04-2012 at 11:27 PM.
    A steak a day keeps the doctor away

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast