Thread: Designs for Health supplements? page

MichaelWolf is offline Junior Member

Designs for Health supplements?

Primal Fuel
    Hello all!

I'm new to the primal way of life. The reality for me is if tasked with 3 meals/day primal, I won't do it at first. I'm considering supplementing one meal (lunch) with the Designs for health meal replacement shake which seems to be primal compliant.

Also, I'm seriously considering their Weight Loss Support Packets which claim the following:
    Weight Loss Support Packets by Designs For Health (DFH)

Improved now with CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) to provide a more effective weight loss support product.
    Our Weight Loss Support Packets provide support to help the body:

use fat for fuel
    improve insulin sensitivity
    modulate cortisol
    reduce cravings
    improve metabolism
    increase energy
    improve leptin resistance

My question is this:

Does anyone have feedback on the Designs For health product line? Is it helpful/good quality?

Any suggestions for a better product? I'm looking for the highest quality.

Thanks.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    My doctor recommended Thyroid Synergy for me by Designs for Health as I'm experiencing low T3, but not so low that it's technically out of lab range. I read the only review I could find, and it supposedly really helped this one lady, so I'm giving it a try. I've only been taking it for a week though, so I have no idea if it's actually going to work for me or not.

If it were me, I probably wouldn't do a weight loss shake. It's not going to fill you up the way good Primal foods will. As far as the supplement, I guess really the only way to know is to try it. Are there any reviews out on it that you could find?

Caveman_Sam is offline Member
    These supplements are... SUPPPLEMENTS.

They're supposed to SUPPLEMENT a good diet - not replace a good diet.

That said I don't know about the quality. Maybe we'll all be drinking green shakes one day (like in Star Wars).

MichaelWolf is offline Junior Member
    Marissa...the reviews I'm able to find are from websites selling other supplements. I'm looking for feedback from folks with no conflict of interest.

Sam...I'm just being real with myself. I know for right now I'll not take the time to prepare lunch every single day that's primal compliant. 2 meals compliant with supplementing 1 meal is better than falling off the wagon in my view. I hope to eventually eliminate lunch altogether at some point.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelWolf View Post
    Marissa...the reviews I'm able to find are from websites selling other supplements. I'm looking for feedback from folks with no conflict of interest.

Sam...I'm just being real with myself. I know for right now I'll not take the time to prepare lunch every single day that's primal compliant. 2 meals compliant with supplementing 1 meal is better than falling off the wagon in my view. I hope to eventually eliminate lunch altogether at some point.
    Yeah, I had a hard time finding reviews too. I figured it was ok because my endocrinologist suggested it.

And I agree, if having the shake meal replacement helps to keep you Primal the rest of the time, then go for it.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    The supplements look pretty useless. Those are all things you can get from food, and they're not even high amounts, so it's not like it's "extra".

As for a meal replacement shake, that's how I started Primal. Eventually, I found that I was too hungry in the morning if I didn't eat something "solid", so I switched to eggs, and that seemed to suit me much better, as well as reduce episodes of hypoglycemia.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).