Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I can't stop eating sugar! page

Traveller is offline Senior Member

I can't stop eating sugar!

Shop Now
    Hi everyone,

When I first started living primal, everything was great. I had lots of energy, I lost weight, felt stronger...

I kept it up for a couple of weeks, but now everything's going downhill, and I don't know how to stop it. I get so tempted by stuff like chocolate and muffins. Especially chocolate. And I can't make my pantry completely primal because I live with people who aren't primal. So every time I go to the kitchen, there's a bar of chocolate staring at me, or some newly cooked fudge, or something. I've tried to set mini goals, but if I resolve not to eat any chocolate today, I end up eating muffins instead. I just can't keep away from the sugar.

Is there any way to stop this? I really need some help.

Thanks,

Traveller.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    go get your own chocolate. find some organic, extra dark chocolate (85+ cocoa content) and you won't go back to whatever poo colored stuff is hanging around your kitchen.

Thanks for your reply, Primalrob! I'll try the dark chocolate.

Anyone else got any advice?

Lowcarb4me is offline Junior Member
    Honestly I don't know how valid it is, but Atkins used to say to stir some glutamine powder into some heavy cream and drink it to kill sugar cravings. That's all I got... I feel your pain.

MrsJorre is offline Junior Member
    Why do you have 'freshly cooked fudge' and chocolate staring you in the face? Go buy the dark chocolate- it will kick the craving in the pants and give you a great lift as well! win:win

cali798 is offline Junior Member
    OMG I have the same problem. I feel I am addicted to sugar. Before I started primal I didn't really think I had any addictions, but take sugar away from me and BAMM! I crave sugar. I went without for a couple of weeks felt great, then ate someone's freshly baked cookie, thinking the 80/20 rule and BAMM! back to seriously craving sugar. This cycle keeps happening over and over to me. My husband is more of a bread person and I believe the same thing happens to him when he eats starch stuff. I don't know what to tell you, but I wanted to say...I share your pain! oh and sugar cravings can start with me eating a peach!!!! fruit will start my cravings! It is crazy!

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Yeah, I eat dark chocolate when I feel that way. Preferably with cream and baked bananas.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

MrsJorre: My mother loves to bake, usually muffins or fudge.

Lowcarb4me: thanks, I'll see if I can get some of that powder.

How often can you eat dark chocolate without getting to much sugar, or gaining weight?

Thanks for replying!

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Hey, your story sounds like me! Once the novelty and motivation of starting paleo fades away, I found the sugar/treat cravings really bad - I cheated a lot.

Its hard, but the solution for me is Whole 30 - no sugar at all! Not fruit, no dark choc, not even sweetened things. The idea is to break that craving, and to rethink how you eat completely. Always want dessert after meal? Sure you do, because that's what your brain has come to expect through a lifetime of habit.

Whole 30 is really hard, especially at the beginning, but it is an excellent tool for controlling cravings. I feel so much better when I'm not under the thrall of sugar.
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    I have the same problem, for me I realize that if I have cravings it means that I had too many carbs. The lower the carbs the less cravings.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast