Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: What the Hell is With People and Conveniece Foods? page 5

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by counterpuncher View Post
    I know that people are busy these days, but many are busy with bullshit that isn't nearly as important as taking the time to prepare a healthy meal so their families can eat right.
    Sometimes priorities need to be set.
    Imagine how many crock pot dinners could be prepped in the morning in the time it takes to go through drive thru line up for their grande nonfat soy latte.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

blissfull is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    To be fair, those times are the best for socializing with the rest of the team. Maybe do a compromise and let them have lunch with their mates sometimes?
    Oh, I agree with this and we did our share of lunches with the team (okay, maybe twice) but my daughter did go out
    with her teammates on other occasions when there was carpooling involved.
    The "fast food" part is the problem. Real sit down restaurants were out of the question, honestly I cannot tell you why except
    that maybe they take longer.
    I guess we do seem anti-social though during these moments. Next spring I will come up with a better plan.

simpstr is online now Senior Member
    Wow, that sounds good? what do you do mass it all together and then put in a cup?

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I do. I cook potatoes, sweet potatoes and yams in them. I can't imagine wasting my time to bake them in the oven. I also make a little chocolate mug cake in the microwave as a treat: one banana, one egg, one heaping spoon of almond or coconut butter and one heaping spoon of cocoa powder. Best thing ever! I also like to reheat leftovers right on my plate so I don't have to wash a lot of pots and pans.
    Health is Wealth!

excursivey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    not knowing how to cook, not knowing any better, not having much time to spend preparing meals, not having the patience it takes to cook a meal from scratch and, last but not least, not liking to cook

myself, i cook now out of necessity, but i don't have the patience and i rarely enjoy the time consuming process of peeling and chopping and julienning and waiting and waiting and waiting

maybe i'd do better if i cooked several days' worth at once, but i'm just not that kind of patient

what can i say, i'm 'special'

The I Hate to Cook Book: 50th Anniversary Edition: Peg Bracken, Jo Bracken: Amazon.com: Books
    For me it's been this stuff. I just don't really like doing it. But I realized after giving it more thought that mostly I don't like following recipes. Luckily most of the stuff I eat with primal just needs to be baked or grilled or steamed or whatever, no real recipe involved. So I am cooking more and more. Always have tried to avoid most processed stuff anyway. Slowly as I get more practice I enjoy it more.
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Dave RN is offline Senior Member
    After WW2, women started working more . As time went by, it was expected that they worked full time.
    Now there's no time for real cooking. So, it's pre-prepared foods.

We are a slave to debt.

The answere is moving back to a silver and gold based dollar. Lower prices. Real Food. Children being taken care of instead of shuttled off to daycare.

Lets face it. If we move back to the 30's financially, we'd be better off and healthier. As long as we keep the antibotics for infections.

We are slaves to debt.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave RN View Post
    The answer is moving back to a silver and gold based dollar.
    The best possible solution is to have every merchant accept whatever they want as money.

The more difficult it is to tax, the better.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by excursivey View Post
    For me it's been this stuff. I just don't really like doing it. But I realized after giving it more thought that mostly I don't like following recipes. Luckily most of the stuff I eat with primal just needs to be baked or grilled or steamed or whatever, no real recipe involved. So I am cooking more and more. Always have tried to avoid most processed stuff anyway. Slowly as I get more practice I enjoy it more.
    I don't much like following recipes exactly either, which is probably why I like to cook but not to bake. I do like finding interesting flavor profiles/pairings though. So if I google something, I check out the recipes and jot down a few notes on the ingredients, then just go in the kitchen and mess around. I think of cooking as play. Sometimes it's just formula, but since starting Primal, I'm trying so many new foods that it really has become play.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave RN View Post
    After WW2, women started working more . As time went by, it was expected that they worked full time.
    Now there's no time for real cooking. So, it's pre-prepared foods.

We are a slave to debt.

The answere is moving back to a silver and gold based dollar. Lower prices. Real Food. Children being taken care of instead of shuttled off to daycare.

Lets face it. If we move back to the 30's financially, we'd be better off and healthier. As long as we keep the antibotics for infections.

We are slaves to debt.
    well.. okay. let me get my red lipstick and heels on and i'll call little timmy down to the table
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

solstice is offline Senior Member
    In the beautiful mountains of Pennsylvania!
    Debt should be it's own thread!
    Check out my blog on nature and nurture!
    http://thewoodsygal.com/

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    WELCOME TO EARTH, where chicken laden with chemicals is just around the corner.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast