Thread: Not Eating Enough? page

KJN
    KJN is offline Junior Member

Question Not Eating Enough?

Primal Fuel
    Good morning! I have been doing the "caveman diet" for a couple of months now. I had lost a bit of weight before I started, but all together, I have lost 25 pounds so far. The problem is, I am up and down, up and down on my weight. It seems like it doesn't want to go anywhere. Several people have mentioned that I am probably not eating enough. I feel like I need to be eating all day long in order to get enough! In the morning I am ravenously hungry, but that's the only time I'm really hungry.

I go to Jazzercise 4 times a week, and for the past week, it seems like when I get into class and get started, I suddenly get very hungry, and about half-way through the class, I "run out of gas."

My question is, how long before a class should I eat in order to have enough fuel to function? I'm afraid if I eat too close to the class, I will get sick or feel really draggy, but eating more than an hour before doesn't seem to work either.

Any suggestions?

KJN

primalsun is offline Member
    You're going to need to post your height, gender, weight, activity level (other than jazzercise), and how much/what you eat on a daily basis. Give us an idea of calories if you can!

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Yes, list your weekly groceries.

One possibility from the way you describe your workout experience is that you might be riding the fence on becoming a fat-burner. If you're glycogen depleted and yet not efficient at metabolizing body fat, you'll bonk for sure! If, and a big fat "IF", that's the case, you'll want to look into either eating more carbs (paleo-friendly!) or almost none at all.

Or it's possible you've truly eaten below caloric needs long enough to slow your body down, thyroid games, etc. More info needed, for sure!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

KJN
    I am a 58-year old female, 5'4" and currently 219 pounds. My job is sedentary; I sit at a computer all day. I do Jazzercise for an hour 4-5 times a week, and the last time I charted my calories, I was eating about 1,400 cals a day. I quit drinking carbonated beverages, and try to drink at least 5 16-oz bottles of water a day. My one indulgence is a coffee in the morning with some creamer in it.
    Last edited by KJN; 10-31-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Sure, but what are you eating? Are you getting enough fat?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

KJN
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    For fat, I am eating one avocado a day, and using regular butter once in a while. Other fat would be the fat in the meat I am eating. In the morning, I eat some protein in the form of fish or meat, a few veggies, and a fruit. For lunch, I have more meat and more veggies. During the day, I will have one yogurt cup of greek yogurt. Sometimes I will have a handful of almonds in the morning between breakfast and lunch. I think my issue occurs between lunch and dinner. I usually do not snack in the afternoon, and when I get home, I go to my Jazzercise class, THEN come home and eat dinner with all paleo foods.

I eat a lot of spinach and use chicken broth to flavor it. I have not been eating any bread or pasta of any kind.

Is that enough information?