Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ate off plan yesterday, stomach is killing me, gluten sensitivity? page 2

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    I've been primal for about 5 months. If I'm away on business and had to have some non-primal foods ---- well, let's say it's not pretty. I have the same reactions that you experienced last night. The last time this happened to me, it took me about 5-7 days of eating my own food once I returned home, in order to feel good again. Our bodies are highly intelligent and it's up to us to listen to what it's telling us. I don't know who suffered more after my last trip away from home -- me or my poor husband ---- I could literally 'out phart' a herd of elephants!
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    Yes, same happened to me. For a lot less just had tastes really of 3 desserts and had mega issues for a couple of days. I now can't eat dairy, eggs or gluten

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    I guess it's just hard for me to understand how we could be eating this stuff our whole lives, and then we eliminate for a small period of time, and all of a sudden these horrible reactions occur when we eat it again. It's just terrible.

And it makes me feel even worse that I feed my children this stuff, granola bars, bread, etc.......after having this horrible reaction, I feel like I'm poisoning my children every day with these supposed "healthy" snacks and foods.

Caveman_Sam is offline Member
    Yeah I find this too, every now and then I cave and eat some sugary crap in the evenings.

I wake up starving and feeling gross in my stomach whereas before, I wouldn't have felt any change.

The body seems to be saying, don't eat that!

Siobhan is offline Senior Member
    Freakin' everything has gluten in it. If it is cheap and it is processed, assume it has gluten in some form. Often it is not identified as gluten on the label. Gluten is used as a thickener and can be listed as many different things. If you are wondering, "Does this have gluten?" it probably does.

This is one reason why high quality dark chocolate has so many primal fans - it does not contain gluten, although it often has small amounts of soy.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ok, so basically anything that is not processed and isn't a grain or bean is safe to eat, right? No gluten?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12