I've been primal since March 2012, and will never be any other way. I've lost 32 lbs total going from 201 to 169 and about 30%bf to 15%bf on my 6' frame. Recently started lifting more as I want to gain around 10 lbs of muscle. If I cheat now and eat gluten, I get sick for 3 or 4 days and hate it. Just sneezy, runny nose, and sniffly and it's real annoying. I was never this way before being primal, but was just generally standard american unhealthy.

My issue is that my fiance and I are going to Portland, OR on vacation in a few months. Portland is one of my favorite cities to visit because they have the best restaurants and breweries. I would like to purposefully drink plenty of delicious IPAs and eat at all their fantastic restaurants while there (including gluten), but would rather not be sick while on vacation. Do you think I could eat just a little bread or pasta per day for a week or so beforehand to build up a tolerance again? Please don't respond with any holier-than-thou "why eat poison" stuff. I'm very strict on my self and have only cheated a handful of times since March (I'm about 95-5 or better. I could live 100% on beef and be happy as can be). I hate the way gluten makes me feel now, but I really want to enjoy all the fantastic foods that I enjoyed while there a few years ago (Mother's bistro, Voodoo doughnuts, Oba, about 1000 food trucks, etc)

So what do you think? Is it possible to eat just a sandwich everyday for a week or so to get used to it again? Thanks for any help.