Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: symptoms of ketosis page

PandaRose is offline Member

symptoms of ketosis

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    how do you know when you are in ketosis? what are the symptoms? how long does it last? im trying to avoid this while breast feeding. thank you for your input guys!

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Do not worry about it. Ketosis is a natural state. There are no symptoms of it though. While bfing, be sure you are eating enough, and don't limit your carb intake.

Daydreamer is offline Senior Member
    There are symptoms of ketosis actually.

Strange breathe, strange body odor, strange urine odor, sometimes "metallic" taste in the mouth, mental clarity, lack of hunger...
    Young self-caring Paleo-eater from France.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

PandaRose is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    There are symptoms of ketosis actually.

Strange breathe, strange body odor, strange urine odor, sometimes "metallic" taste in the mouth, mental clarity, lack of hunger...
    if lack of hunger is one then ketosis is not something i need to be worrying about!

I find that when in ketosis, my "need for food" doesn't signal themselves through "hunger" signals, but if I don't eat enough I become tired, brainfogged and like... a "buried" sensation.
    Very difficult to describe.
    (So please forgive the strange way I tend to express myself in your beautiful language )

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Daydreamer View Post
    I find that when in ketosis, my "need for food" doesn't signal themselves through "hunger" signals, but if I don't eat enough I become tired, brainfogged and like... a "buried" sensation.

Described perfectly! I feel quite speedy when in ketosis, so not really in the mood to eat, but I get wobbly (physcially and mentally) if I leave it too long between meals.

Yes exactly, to add something, I feel a bit "dull", and "lifeless".
    Not the tearing hunger one can experience when eating mmore carbs, it's not that of a "handicap", it just feels very strange, like "blah"

Toshison is offline Member
    I certainly get the bad breath and the metallic taste in my mouth with ketosis. I don't really feel that great in Ketosis and its very apparent that once I throw more carbs (particularly fruits) back into my diet, I am a savage in the gym and feel way way stronger with much more muscular endurance.

Ketosis just gives me a real flat feeling as well.

I feel better when I'm out of ketosis, too.
    Well, it depends but I have some problems with long term ketosis since I have hypothyroidism and many hormonal imbalances.
    Also, my body goes through an accelerated puberty at the moment for complex reasons, so spiking my insulin with carbs isn't always a bad idea.

For someone's who's lifting weights, it does not always work well in ketosis.

I eat moderate cabs (80-100 g) but have a carbs refeed every 7 days, for leptin and thyroid issues. (300/400 g, mostly starch, low fat.)

Mogs is offline Junior Member
    With all the squash that's available right now, there's no way in hell I'll be in ketosis anytime soon. When I was doing considerably lower carb in the spring, there were definite symptoms. Like Daydreamer mentioned, my breath and urine smelled funny. I would also wake up at least 3 or 4 times each night having to use the bathroom, and when I woke up in the morning I would have a strange film coating the inside of my mouth (which wasn't pleasant at all). These symptoms would last until I upped my carb intake consistently (One carb-heavy meal at night would actually make all the symptoms more intense during the next 12-24 hours).

I hope that's somewhat helpful. For me, it was obvious when I went in and out of ketosis, but my husband barely notices a difference.
    Gamer. Powerlifter. Trekkie. Yogi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast