Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Goose - Whole 30 November page

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member

Goose - Whole 30 November

Primal Fuel
    The background
    Have been dabbling in and out of a Whole 30 protocol the past two months or so, going withour dairy and sugar for extended periods. Found out that excluding sugar is liberating and including sugar leads to binges and excuses.

The Aim
    To go Whole 30 for November - usual primal fare, no sugar, no dairy, no alcohol - not even my stevia sweetened protein powder.

The Goal
    To look awesome in a bikini - I go on holiday November 29th.

The Method
    Keeping myself accountable on here, no excuses no failure. As it says on the the Whole 30 website, giving up heroin is hard. Beating cancer is hard. Giving up sugar is not hard.
    Hitting the gym hard with Stage 3 of NROLFW - really giving all I have to give and appreciating everything my body is capable of, 2 body balance classes a week, utilising my standing desk for AT LEAST 2/3 of my workday, incorporating a lot incidental movement, walks, not getting glued to the couch as soon as I walk in the door.

So this is my plan, I'm pretty excited - this journal will really help me focus on what is important.

Anyone care to come along for the ride?
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Day 1

So the wheels haven't come off so far, even though I snoozed far too long this weekend as my sleepyhead convinced itself it was already the weekend. It wasn't.

My eats so far:
    Coffee with coconut milk
    Two carrots
    Breakfast pie
    Leftover shredded pork with cabbage

I'm horrendously excited about dinner - am whipping up a Paleo Double Down burger - grilled chicken burger 'bun', bacon, guac, onions, peppers, and more chicken. Accompanied by sweet potato fries, bacon mayonnaise and kale chips. Takes a bit of effort, but worth every second.

Trying not the think about cake....

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    Day 1

So the wheels haven't come off so far, even though I snoozed far too long this weekend as my sleepyhead convinced itself it was already the weekend. It wasn't.

My eats so far:
    Coffee with coconut milk
    Two carrots
    Breakfast pie
    Leftover shredded pork with cabbage

I'm horrendously excited about dinner - am whipping up a Paleo Double Down burger - grilled chicken burger 'bun', bacon, guac, onions, peppers, and more chicken. Accompanied by sweet potato fries, bacon mayonnaise and kale chips. Takes a bit of effort, but worth every second.

Trying not the think about cake....

Good for your for kicking sugar in the butt. I have found sugar to be highly addictive and it makes me feel like crap. I've been 'sugar free' for all intents and purposes for 11 months. I don't even eat fruit. I truly believe I will always crave sugar and thus I try never to have that stuff in my house. As soon as a have a taste of sugar, I can get sucked right back into it. Breaking the sugar addiction has been one of the best things I've ever done for myself. Stay strong and committed.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Good for your for kicking sugar in the butt. I have found sugar to be highly addictive and it makes me feel like crap. I've been 'sugar free' for all intents and purposes for 11 months. I don't even eat fruit. I truly believe I will always crave sugar and thus I try never to have that stuff in my house. As soon as a have a taste of sugar, I can get sucked right back into it. Breaking the sugar addiction has been one of the best things I've ever done for myself. Stay strong and committed.
    Yeah I feel you. Sometime I feel like I can manage it, but one date turns into a whole box which turns into an entire tub of ice cream, which turns into french toast and chocolate bars! Thanks for the props!

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    You asked if anyone wanted to come along?

Have room for an old guy?

Just started doing primal a week ago, although being doing other stuff for awhile.

My journal, http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread68863.html, but I'm new to that part and not sure what I should be putting in it. Seems some people get lots of replies, advice etc but me....not so much. Maybe a new deoderant? Cologne? awwwww......breath mint....I'll bet that's it.

GL
    Last edited by ez2cy; 11-01-2012 at 06:05 AM.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

upupandaway is offline Senior Member
    I shall be watching with interest! I considered doing a Whole30 in November, but decided to 'just' do alcohol-free primal eating and a bit more exercise instead. I may tackle a Whole30 in the new year.

Have you thought about/planned for anything which might derail you? Or have you picked this month because you know that everything else in your life is going to run fairly smoothly?

@ez2cy - of course there is always room, more the merrier! It's great you've decided to take the primal plunge!

@upup - I think any kind of 'whole 30' plan is really good, whether you just omit one thing (like booze) and see what happens. Then when you're ready you can go super strict. Going alcohol free and getting more exercise is a great idea - I think drinking leads to bad food choices and less exercise, for me anyway.

I picked this month because I have the beach holiday at the end of it, and I'm vain! Should be a pretty average month, without any events - even though temptation always rears it's ugly head. Seriously, yesterday at work after I wrote that post, my team got called upstairs to celebrate someones birthday with cake. Yep, I had to stand there and watch everyone eat cake. Le Sigh.

Day off today, just had a great workout after my deload week. Even saw another chick using the squat rack! Very refreshing to see. I follow the NROLFW program, and in case anyone is interested I'm on Fitocracy.

Very excited now, it's time for my post workout feed...

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    From your pic, it does not look like you need to lose much. ???????
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    I'm in for the November Whole 30. My commitment is more exercise and drop the last few pounds. I also have a beach holiday but in December. Would like to be 'smok'in' for snorkelling and beach volleyball

My hubby is off to the NY Marathon today, although we have reservations about participating in the event, given the devastation they've just experienced. In any event, hoping it's the right decision. I'm making a completely paleo dinner for my girlfriend tonight; Raw Oysters, salad, homemade soup, Salmon, 3 roasted veggies and berries and whipping cream for dessert.

I've been off sugar for almost a year now so that's no biggie for me. I've been in ketosis for about 3 months and continue to stay in that 'state' as I feel good in this 'zone'. I recently received my Glucose and Ketone blood meter and it's been fun tracking what happens to my blood sugar/ketone levels throughout the days. I bounce between .6mml to 1.7mml. It's interesting to see how too much meat results in being kicked out from the Keytone club. In any event, just playing around with what works for me.

Cheers, and happy Friday./ Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

PrimalCon New York
    Day 2

Coffee with coconut milk x 2
    Post workout feed - bacon, pulled pork, salad, sweet potato, sauerkraut, scrambled eggs
    Snack - pumpkin leather & raspberry tea
    Dinner - leftover pulled pork fried cauli rice, Pumpkin pie custard cups for dessert (made without maple syrup).

I love weekends, being able to workout in the morning, have a large brunch and then not eat again until dinner - it really works for me. Today I also made some bacon, will smoke it in a week of so. Leftover from the bacon, I have some baby ribs - any ideas how I can cook these - never made ribs in my life!

@ez2cy - I'm not looking to lose any weight, but rather drop fat and gain more muscle. Thanks to pale I found it incredibly easy to lose weight and maintain.
    Last edited by Goosejuggler; 11-02-2012 at 11:55 PM.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast