Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Goose - Whole 30 November page 8

solobiker is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for your reply. I will stick with it and just increase the natural carbs. It is just tough sometimes going at it "alone". Although when my mind is set on something I tend to stick to it. Oh, and 1 pair of my "tighter" fitting pants are not tight any more! :-) Thanks again and sorry for my venting.

What did you end up making with the squash?

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Feel free to vent! That's what the forum is so good for, for support and ideas! Go not tight tight pants

I haven't made the squash yet, I still need ideas!
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by solobiker View Post
    Thanks for your reply. I will stick with it and just increase the natural carbs. It is just tough sometimes going at it "alone". Although when my mind is set on something I tend to stick to it. Oh, and 1 pair of my "tighter" fitting pants are not tight any more! :-) Thanks again and sorry for my venting.
    The best succes comes from walking the path less travelled. I went grocery shopping yesterday and bought my hubby some foods that I wouldn't eat (corn chips/salsa etc). I don't want to unduly restrict him because this new way of eating is "not all about me". Great thing about my hubby is he digs into all his fun/bad foods rather quickly, so it's not in the house all week
    Since we don't sit together at night to watch television, I'm not exposed to watching him consume those foods. You'll have to find your 'own way' of resisting those foods, while respecting the autonomies of each of you. Although we are in relationships by choice, it's our responsibility to be true to ourselves, through the choices we make. Stay tough -- once he sees your cut, fit, bodacious body, he'll be coming to you for help. ;p
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

I took a much needed day off from work with DH. We decided to head up to the mountains and go "play" in the new snow. We hiked for about 3 hours with full backpacks. During the hike I had some natural pb with celery and some mixed nuts. No lunch but we did have an early dinner which for me was some chicken, BAS, and 1/4 sweet potato. DH had the same along with a bunch of bread that he bought on our way home. I am holding steady with staying away from the bread and other carby treats that he eats.

Still not sleeping well at all. I go to bed around 9ish and fall asleep very fast then wake up by 2-3am and can't fall back to sleep. I do take medication for hypothryroidism so I am thinking the change in the foods I am eating may be the culprit. I am going to the mds soon to have my blood work checked. From my research VLC or LC in general can interfere with thyroid function and serotonin levels which have calming effects. I really don't want to change back to SAD....but I am not sure if I can handle not sleeing and feeling on "edge" all of the time. Maybe if I increase my carbs a little with healthy carbs such as more sweet potato or increase my fruit. I am just not sure. Sigh....YAWN..
    I have trouble sleeping and am often up for a few hours every night (between 2-4am usually). I have my computer next to me and do some reading until I feel tired again). Another option is going to your drug store and try using some light 'sleeping aids like "Sleep-Eeze" which you can take when you are exhausted and need a complete night's sleep. I use them from time to time when I don't want a sleepless night. It's likely not paleo, but I also use toothpaste and deodorant and colour my hair

You are doing the right thing by staying away from bread --- that crap will bloat you up so badly -- you'll feel like snake that just ate a deer (nice visual, eh?)

I've been meaning to ask you, do you use clips when riding your bike?
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Day 13:

I'm not seeing the results I would like to, so I'm mixing things up a bit. I've decided to slightly increase my calories by about 300 per day (adding a few more carbs, but still staying below 50grams/carbs).

I believe I have lost 1/2" around my tummy mid section (across belly button), but it's hard to tell because some days I'm a bit bloated, or the measuring tape is not exactly around the same mid-point. The weight is NOT BUDGING at all (grrr).

I'm lifting and doing cardio 4x per week (including sprints) and walking 6-7 miles on days off.

I'm currently in my last week of my "21 Day lifting Induction" programme. Next week I begin a much tougher programme which I'd like everyone's feedback on.

Current Plan (final week of): 21 Day Induction: Bizzy Diet | MusclePharm

Phase 2 (starting next week): "Live Shredded": Part I of Phase II: http://www.musclepharm.com/sites/def...d-womens-1.pdf

I wasn't planning on purchasing their "supplements" but again, I'd like everyone's feedback. I get confused when these workout programmes promote 'lean cuts of meat' and no mention of eating fat. I'm not sure if I can get 'cut' while eating Paleo with slightly higher protein and a few more carbs to accommodate for my additional workouts. If anyone has thought on this, I'd like to hear your opinions/thoughts.

Edited Update to Post:
    Hi, November Whole 30 participants: Disregard my posting here. I posted this on the exercise forum and received some great input and advice. As a result, I'm going to make some changes in both my nutritional framework, and to my workouts. I'll post later tonight what the 'new plan' looks like. I'm going to try the new plan for 1 full month and then reassess. More coming later. Thanks/Lu

Thanks, everyone/Lu
    Last edited by Louisa655; 11-13-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    F, 48, 5'10"

I am luck y too in that DH quickly eats the snacks I bring into the house for him so it usually is not tempting. We also do not watch TV..Don't even own one so there is no sittiing around watching shows and wanting to snack...although there is internet time :-) It is getting a little funny now as DH wants a salad now with dinner and wants to have some of the same foods I am eating. LOl. He is slowly making the turn.
    Last edited by solobiker; 11-13-2012 at 02:28 PM.

I have tried pretty much all otc sleep aids and even have doubled up and tripled up without much success. Several years ago I had trouble and my MD sent me on a sleep study which I failed..woke up 19x/hour and never achieved REM sleep. They tried all sorts of other meds which I did not work nor did I like how they made me feel. I did read the other night for a bit when I woke up and fell back to sleep for another hour. Heck..I will take it.

Still no bread, although DH did buy some more. I really don't miss it too much.

As for clips on my bike. On my bike I ride outside I have clips made by shiimano and my spin bike for indoor riding has the cages.

Lu, I did a modified version of your workout today. Thanks for the great ideas.

Today 11/13/12 Late breakast...well late for me 830: Natural sausage, 1/2 apple, chopped up veggies

Lunch: Pork chop, BAS

D: Not sure yet..may not be very hungry

My workout so far for the day: 10 min power walk followed by 8 sprints of 30 seconds on 30 seconds off, 3 one minute sprints with 1 min of walking in between.

Squats 30x
    Lunges 15x each leg while holding on to 2 15# weights
    Calf raises 3 diferent ranges each 15x
    Core 30x

Repeat x 2

I may do a little more later today/tonight

Hope everyone is doing well.
    Last edited by solobiker; 11-13-2012 at 02:33 PM.

I have tried pretty much all otc sleep aids and even have doubled up and tripled up without much success. Several years ago I had trouble and my MD sent me on a sleep study which I failed..woke up 19x/hour and never achieved REM sleep. They tried all sorts of other meds which I did not work nor did I like how they made me feel. I did read the other night for a bit when I woke up and fell back to sleep for another hour. Heck..I will take it.

Still no bread, although DH did buy some more. I really don't miss it too much.

As for clips on my bike. On my bike I ride outside I have clips made by shiimano and my spin bike for indoor riding has the cages.

Lu, I did a modified version of your workout today. Thanks for the great ideas.

Today 11/13/12 Late breakast...well late for me 830: Natural sausage, 1/2 apple, chopped up veggies

Lunch: Pork chop, BAS

D: Not sure yet..may not be very hungry

My workout so far for the day: 10 min power walk followed by 8 sprints of 30 seconds on 30 seconds off, 3 one minute sprints with 1 min of walking in between.

Squats 30x
    Lunges 15x each leg while holding on to 2 15# weights
    Calf raises 3 diferent ranges each 15x
    Core 30x

Repeat x 2

I may do a little more later today/tonight

Hope everyone is doing well.
    Good for you on the workout today. Glad to hear you are using clips on the bike and cages indoors. Suppose you could transfer your pedals to your indoor bike, if you wanted to go through the bother. Cages are fine, though. Good on you for the 15lbs of additional weight on your lunges.

I've been out for a :40 hour walk today --- 3 miles. I'm swamped with school work so stuck here at my desk for the past 12 hours. Wish I could read a texbook on the treadmill but I just cannot read well enough for that.

Wow in terms of your sleep trouble -- that's some big sleep trouble you have. Holy. I have no suggestions but plenty of empathy. Don't know how you manage that type of exhaustion daily.

/Lu
    F, 48, 5'10"

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks! It was pretty tough..I am not used to spint type of workouts. I usually have one speed that I keep with hiking, biking or jogging. It felt good to mix it up a bit. I may head back downstairs and do some upper body or ride my spin bike later. Do you ride with clips? I have for close to 20 years. It can be a little unnerving on single track if you know what I mean :-0

3 miles in 40 min is great!! You must have been cruzing. I don't know how you do it with being stuck at a desk for 12 hours. Luckily my job entails me being on my feet most of the time and moving around. I almost die anytime there is an inservice and I have to sit still for the 2plus hours. What are you going to school for??

The lack of sleep is getting to me. I am going to see if my MD can change thyroid medication...Hope that works. We will see.

Hope you find time to get in more workouts with your crazy busy schedule. Once again Thanks!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast