Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Goose - Whole 30 November page 7

Shop Now
    last night was haaaaaaard. So, instead of reaching for a glass on wine, I reached for some bacon, some almond butter, some hard salami, more almond butter, more bacon. So, quick question, to which I do not presume to know which side I am on: what is worse, a glass or 2 of red win = 300 calories, or all of that crap that I ate because I didn't have the wine? I must have downed over 1000 calories of "allowed" food, just to keep myself from having a glass of wine. My goal is to lose a few pounds and I might end up gaining!

solobiker is offline Member
    Have a great time in Bali!! I would love to see some pics.

I wish my DH wanted to follow Paleo with me. He is a skinny guy who loves his carbs and I can't sway him away from his "snacky" foods of corn chips, cookies, etc. He always has been skinny, 5'10 and 140# and fairly muscular and healthy per his Dr visits and blood test results. Oh well. Good thing I have pretty good dedication/motivation and don't really care too much about the snack foods. I do miss pizza though. :-)

Lu, hope you had a good day at work.

Slept a little better..not up by 3am but 530 today. Woot woot!! Will report in later with my workout and meals.

Yesterday as for workout: Raked more leaves...trying to get the yard ready for its first snow.

B: Leftover chicken, apple and chopped up veggies

L: Steak salad. no dressing. I have never been a fan of dressing so to me I am not missing much

D: Pork chop and BAS

S: Almonds through out the day

Today: Slept in until around 530. Rode my spin bike for 45 min with occ sprints and increased rsistance

B: 1/2 sweet potato, ground pork, chopped up veggies

S: handful of almonds

L: Shreaded chicken with BAS

D: not sure yet.

I may go for a walk later. NOt sure yet. I am pretty sleepy, did try to take a short nap. Not too much luck with that.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Day 12

So yesterday I ate an awful lot (very greedy) but it was all whole 30. I even watched a friend drink some wine at my house....super temptation. @PJAP - this was similar to your sitution. I'd say that if that's the only time that is gonna happen, just take the paleo foods route. But if you need to be binging to avoid the wine on a regular basis, maybe just drink the wine? That's an awful lot of calories (prob similar to what I had yesterday!!)

Food:
    Coffee w/coconut milk
    Protein shake
    Lunch - Sweet potato mash, bbq beef and salad
    Dinner - Duck liver pate wraps
    Snacks - chopped veggies

Surprisingly good sleep last night, hurrah! At work, doesn't seem quite so bad - I'm sure it will soon. Making a commitment to cycle to and from work everyday this week, so far so good! Body balance tonight, and hopefully will get to yoga tomorrow morning before work (I feel lazy on Tuesdays).

@solobiker - you're DH sounds exactly like mine - same build anyway. He's very fit and muscular because he loves to cycle, but has only recently got into sandbag training to improve his upper body. He was a big challenge to get over to paleo, and he's come a very long way to now be doing this Whole 30 with me. It all started with me begging for him to take a week off the giant bowls or pasta and museli (thats all he ate all day) and see how he felt. He was super mad at me all week, but see now how things progressed! Baby steps all the way!

Every bright-eyed and bushy tailed this Monday morning?
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Days 10 and 11

Through the Hubby's Birthday weekend:

Workout: Day 11
    Warmup: 10 min walk treadmill
    Main Set: 26 min: 1 min walk & 1 min sprint
    30 Body Weight Squats
    Leg Lunges 15 (each leg)
    Calves raises: 20
    Abs Crunches 30
    Abs crunches with legs raised and folded: 30
    Treadmill: 20 minutes race pace walk
    Repeat Main Set
    Cool down stretching

Managed two restaurant dinners back to back. First night in a fine French Restaurant --- had the filet mignon, lobster bisque, and lots of veggies -- totally Paleo.

2nd dinner at a Cajun restaurant --- 12 Oysters, Lobster, Crab and grilled veggies. All paleo.

Experimenting with taking the next week off from eggs. I have a strange feeling that eggs are not agreeing with me, so taking a week off and seeing how I fare.

Hope all had a good weekend. Hopefully I'll be able to walk the next two days after this workout --- will report back shortly. /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Wow your dinners sound delish! Yum yum!

I don't think I could give up eggs, I know that's stupid considering how much I've already given up but I don't want to know if they do bad things to me. I'd be very sad!!

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Went grocery shopping on my lunch hour --- holy Hannah -- the stores are in full of Christmas decorations and Christmas FOODS, which equals sugar, sugar and more sugar. I held steady, despite wanting to fill my entire cart with sugary cakes, cookies, and crap (insert sigh)....but alas, my goal of a 6 pack kept me on track.

It's way easier grocery shopping for Paleo because I now only visit the fresh veggie and dairy section and maybe the fish counter. Pick up some toilet paper and paper towel and running for the cash. Anyway, I definitely won't be grocery shopping hungry in the near future --- there are landmines everywhere, people!
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

I took a much needed day off from work with DH. We decided to head up to the mountains and go "play" in the new snow. We hiked for about 3 hours with full backpacks. During the hike I had some natural pb with celery and some mixed nuts. No lunch but we did have an early dinner which for me was some chicken, BAS, and 1/4 sweet potato. DH had the same along with a bunch of bread that he bought on our way home. I am holding steady with staying away from the bread and other carby treats that he eats.

Still not sleeping well at all. I go to bed around 9ish and fall asleep very fast then wake up by 2-3am and can't fall back to sleep. I do take medication for hypothryroidism so I am thinking the change in the foods I am eating may be the culprit. I am going to the mds soon to have my blood work checked. From my research VLC or LC in general can interfere with thyroid function and serotonin levels which have calming effects. I really don't want to change back to SAD....but I am not sure if I can handle not sleeing and feeling on "edge" all of the time. Maybe if I increase my carbs a little with healthy carbs such as more sweet potato or increase my fruit. I am just not sure. Sigh....YAWN..

Lu your day 11 workout looks awesome. I may give it a try tomorrow. Have a great day/night everyone.

Day 13

Very spritely today, considering it's a Tuesday and Tuesdays are just so meh - here is my hodgepodge of foods today:
    Carrots with a little nutbutter
    Harboiled egg x 2, avocado and chorizo (antipasto brekkie! sorta)
    Lunch - leftover bbq beef, saute zucchini and snow peas, salad
    Dinner - Have ribeye in the fridge, so big steak and ??? I have a whole bunch of squash I cooked up last night, anyone got any fun ideas of what I can do with it.

Sleep - I think my sleep has improved slightly, and I've defo felt much chirpier in the morning than usual.
    Workouts - Excepting last wednesday my energy for workouts has been constant
    After work - Been fairly successfully avoiding the post-work couch lock, I have a relaxing coffee on my balcony when I get home, and I suspect this is mostly a mental thing as an energy thing. I resent losing those precious hours!
    Skin - This is the only area that hasn't improved - I get heaps of pimples for the week in the middle of my cycle and there has been no change this month. Le sigh. I don't know What else I can do - I really don't want to go on the pill

@solo - you really don't need to go back to SAD! Primal doesn't have to been VLC or even LC! Eat plenty of sweet potato and other starch if it makes you feel better. There is a huge huge difference between a starchy primal diet and a SAD diet. I'm sure it is really hard with your SAD DH, but remember if he sees positive changes in you then he is more likely to come along for the ride!

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast