Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Goose - Whole 30 November page 6

solobiker is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Still not sleeping well and I am not sure why..up once again at 3am. Decided to make the best of it so I rode my spin bike for 50 min then did some core work. Breakfast was at work around 8am and consisted of 2eggs, 1 slice of bacon and some chopped up veggies. Lunch: shreaded chicken with veggies. After I got home from a full day of work did a low body workout with lots of squats, lunges and plyo type of movements. For a warmup rode the spin bike for 10min and for a cool down rode the bike 5 more min then did some light stretching.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Day 9

Friday I love you

Coffee w/ Coconut milk
    Harboiled egg, whole avocoda, chorizo
    Lunch - Butter chicken w/ cauli and swede mash
    Dinner - not sure yet, fridge is a wasteland and off to shop straight after work. Anything could be made! I always feel festive on Friday and treat myself with extra tasty food - anyone any suggestions? Oo, actually I might make these little babies. I've never had a genuine American style biscuit, so I have no expectations or any idea of how it should taste/consistency etc. Wish me luck!

Quote Originally Posted by ez2cy View Post
    The curry sliders.....think you could make them with coconut flour instead of almond? Coconut and curry go together quite well and I don't have Almond...LOL
    I'm sure you could, use less than you would almond flour as coconut flour tends to dry things out. If you think your mix is too dry, you could always add extra pumpkin.
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Day 9 Whole Movember :|)

I was out of the loop for Day 8 --- loooong day at work, followed by leftover roast chicken dinner and then school work. I'm so swamped with school work that I've taken the day off (Friday), to dedicate wholly to the books and assignments.

I continue with my IF'ing every morning + my bullet coffee and eating dinner only. Had leftover chicken with brussel sprouts, zuccheni and spring onions. Day 8 was brutal moving around at work --- the legs and abs were still screaming in pain. Today (day 9), the soreness is calming down and I'm ready for an upper body workout and long walk today.

The needle on the scale is not budging but I'm not putting much weight on the weight (no pun intended). I MAY be down 1/2" on the waist (circumference around the belly button), but everything else seems to remain status quo.

I am focused on the weights and exercises this month, so hope to see some evidence of change by Movember 30th. My beach vacation in December continues to be a major source of motivation for me.

This weekend is the hubster's birthday and we have two dinners planned (Sat and Sunday evg). Since we are going to nice restaurants, I'll have no trouble sticking to my Paleo regieme. I treated myself with the purchase of a very nice 'little black dress' which is off one shoulder --- it's classic and I think it shows off my nice back muscles and slender collarbones. Should feel great in that tomorrow.

Tonight, I'm treating hubby and I to some very nice organic, veal chops which are slow cooked (until the meat falls off the bone).....with a little cinnamon, garlic, onion, bouillon and red wine. Serving it with 2, dark-green veggies. Nice way to kick off the weekend (although we are working tomorrow/Sat).

Have a great day everyone./Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Not too bad of a day for me. Still busy with work which is a good thing. I have started to drink coffee..only have had it 2 other times. With my lack of sleep I am looking for a little energy kick. For breakfast I had 1/4 cut up apple, some natural sausage and veggies, Lunch: chopped up veggies and 1/2 pork chop. Did 45 HIIT after work then went out and raked leaves for about 1.5 hours. Dinner will most likely be BAS with some chicken. I will treat myself to a small piece of dark chocolate because it has been one long week and my current patient caseload has been challenging.

Happy Friday!!

Day 9 Workouts:
    2 x 3 mile, race pace walks AND
    Upper body workout which included:
    CHEST: 20 Pushups
    BACK: 1 arm dumbell row x 20
    SHOULDERS: Military press x 20
    BICEPS: Curls x 20
    TRICEPS: Kickbacks
    REPEAT SET 2 TIMES.

And finished off the workout with :30 minutes of core strengthening exercises on the yoga ball and floor (planks, walk out planks etc.

And here's my EXCITING NEWS! For the very first time in 5 YEARS, I JUMPED up from a squatting position, over a plank and onto the other side. This is groundbreaking for me as I have a severely herniated disc that has just started to heal since going primal. And I believe it's finally healing because I have reduced inflammation of the body through restricting wheat, oils, genetically modified foods and sugar. I demonstrated this, 'surprise' to my husband and he was shocked! We are both thrilled out of our minds. I've been jumping around the house all evening! No pain or symptoms from the herniation. This is a life altering moment for me.

Food today: coffee x 2 with coconut milk
    Lunch 2 x boiled eggs + 6 olives + 1-2oz piece of hard chese
    Dinner: 1 veal chop + roasted carrots and rapini + handful of green grapes.

I'm still concerned that my calories are very low....just under 1000 calories today.

I wish I could lose this last bit of fat that continues to hang onto my waist....I am hopeful that these exercises and long walks will do the trick. I'm eating severely clean, so hoping this last bit of adipose fat will drop eventually.

/Lu
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Quote Originally Posted by solobiker View Post
    Not too bad of a day for me. Still busy with work which is a good thing. I have started to drink coffee..only have had it 2 other times. With my lack of sleep I am looking for a little energy kick. For breakfast I had 1/4 cut up apple, some natural sausage and veggies, Lunch: chopped up veggies and 1/2 pork chop. Did 45 HIIT after work then went out and raked leaves for about 1.5 hours. Dinner will most likely be BAS with some chicken. I will treat myself to a small piece of dark chocolate because it has been one long week and my current patient caseload has been challenging.

Happy Friday!!
    I hear what you are saying: Lack of sleep or interrupted sleep can make me feel like a zombie some days. Have you considered taking MCT Oil rather than drinking coffee for a boost to your energy levels? I take 2 Tbsp's daily (one in the am/pm) and feel an immediate energy boost. My other energy booster is a mug of beef bouillon. The salt and broth instantly raise my energy levels and the boost of sodium is helpful, particularly if you are low carb. Just a few thoughts for you to consider. /Lu
    F, 48, 5'10"

I have not heard too much about MCT oil. I will have to look into that. I will also look into the beef bouillon. Do you use a cube or is there some other form?

Thanks Lu for your ideas.

After dinner tonight I felt the urge to do some more movement( workout #2) so I rode on my spin bike for about 45 min.

Quote Originally Posted by solobiker View Post
    I have not heard too much about MCT oil. I will have to look into that. I will also look into the beef bouillon. Do you use a cube or is there some other form?

Thanks Lu for your ideas.

After dinner tonight I felt the urge to do some more movement( workout #2) so I rode on my spin bike for about 45 min.
    bouillon cube...just add boiling water. MCT oil is excellent....worth researching.
    F, 48, 5'10"

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Day 10

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Today's grub:
    Coffee w/ coconut milk x2
    Small portion eggs, bacon with salad
    Lunch - had some girlfriends round and I made the Best Chicken You'll Ever Eat with fresh salad and fried sweet potato and mango (no mango for me, sob!) and kale chips
    Dinner - Likely to be a leftovers/garbage dinner.

Very proud of myself for not eating any mango at all, I didn't really crave the sweetness, but they smelled so good and fresh! Feel ok about it though as the BF admitted he feels lousy after eating a whole one this morning. Righteous!

@Lu - that's such excellent news about your back! I always try and remember how lucky I am to be physically healthy when I'm having a bad day, because it doesn't take much for something to happen that can have such a debilitating effect. Re: diet, have you tried giving up dairy to shed those last few lbs? It hasn't helped with my belly fat (giving it up) but it means I don't overeat on it anyway. Also, where are you going on hols? We're off to Bali

MMm, last night we ended up with rib eye steaks, the sweet potato biscuits and crunchy salad - very indulgent! Having some folk round tomorrow for a bbq and I was going to make a trad potato salad with white potatoes and Helmans mayo. My BF put his foot down and told me he didn't want it, I've created a monster!!
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    Day 10

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Today's grub:
    Coffee w/ coconut milk x2
    Small portion eggs, bacon with salad
    Lunch - had some girlfriends round and I made the Best Chicken You'll Ever Eat with fresh salad and fried sweet potato and mango (no mango for me, sob!) and kale chips
    Dinner - Likely to be a leftovers/garbage dinner.

Very proud of myself for not eating any mango at all, I didn't really crave the sweetness, but they smelled so good and fresh! Feel ok about it though as the BF admitted he feels lousy after eating a whole one this morning. Righteous!

@Lu - that's such excellent news about your back! I always try and remember how lucky I am to be physically healthy when I'm having a bad day, because it doesn't take much for something to happen that can have such a debilitating effect. Re: diet, have you tried giving up dairy to shed those last few lbs? It hasn't helped with my belly fat (giving it up) but it means I don't overeat on it anyway. Also, where are you going on hols? We're off to Bali

MMm, last night we ended up with rib eye steaks, the sweet potato biscuits and crunchy salad - very indulgent! Having some folk round tomorrow for a bbq and I was going to make a trad potato salad with white potatoes and Helmans mayo. My BF put his foot down and told me he didn't want it, I've created a monster!!
    Goosejuggler: I'm on side with your BF --- when I entertain, it's all paleo here --- although sounds as though your BF is more strict than my hubby. Sounds as though you are a source of inspiration for your GF's --- quietly strong does have an impact on others.

Bali -- wow --- hope you post photos on your photo link. Bali is on my 'to do list'. We're visiting St. Lucia for the first time --- went to Costa Rica last X-mas == hiking through the rainforest and ziplining -- beautiful country with wonderful people.

I'm not consuming much dairy --- I've eliminated yogourt and most cheese, and cream. I've switched to coconut milk in my coffee in the morning. I may have to completely eliminate red wine and see if that has an effect (insert sigh). However, I'm also hopeful that the exercise is the last piece of the puzzle. I spent many years as a high performance athlete and my body responds really nicely to exercise. Now that I have my home gym all set up, it's easy for me to stay focused daily. I've asked my husband for a chin up bar for Christmas.

Off to a very nice French restaurant tonight with 5 good friends....and tomorrow is the theatre and a fun and fabulous New Orleans Restaurant.

Off to work today --- half day --- I love my work, so it's always a cheerful time. Be back later today with workout posting and nutritional intake.

Cheers, /Lu
    F, 48, 5'10"

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast