Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Goose - Whole 30 November page 5

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    I know for sure that tomorrow, I won't be able to get my bra on. I'll have to lay my bra on my bed, throw myself on top of it, and ask my husband to do it up.
    Omg, *snort* brilliant mental image!
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Also, HURRAH! FOUR MORE YEARS!

Day 7. Almost 25% complete! Goose, I loved that quote that you got from the website. Although, dammit, black coffee sucks (even with coconut milk) and is harder to get used to than not having butter, cheese, or splenda. It's yuck.
    Boyfriend decided to do this with me for the rest of the month. Last night he made sauteed squash, peppers, chicken, and bacon. It was terrific.
    I think this would be easier if I had a ton of time to cook. I figure I only have (and want) 30 minutes a night to cook dinner. I fast during the day, so I need FOOD when I get home. I get up at 4:30am to workout everyday so even if I wasn't hungry, I don't have a lot of time to cook because I need to get my ass in bed.

So, can you all share your quick and easy Whole30 recipes?

Thanks!

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Day 7:

9 hours solid sleep, but awake at 5am. So, into the home gym to do a light stretching, core workout before work -- on the Yoga ball. Brilliant, coffee and cream in mug, and working out. Good solid day at work, and home to make dinner (not sure what I'm making yet.

Food for the day:
    Breakfast: Bullet coffee x 2
    Lunch: 1 beef bouillon drink; 1 caesar salad + 2 fried eggs + 3 strips bacon.
    Snack: 14 cashews (yes, I counted)
    dinner: unknown at this point. Either making chili or having steaks. May take a rest day from workout as my body is quietly screaming and I have so much school work ahead of me tonight. I might get up early (5am) again, and do my upper body workout in the morning. I'm upping my calories slightly to balance out the workouts --- I'll be ensuring that the weight gain isn't incremental, but I do expect some from muscle gain. It's all an experiment of one.

Ps. It's my hubby's birthday this weekend and I have a surprise dinner for him at a French restaurant on Saturday, with 5 of his best friends. And on Sunday, I have theatre tickets for us, followed by a great dinner in a cajun restaurant. Hope he loves his surprises --- I have no doubt I can keep to my eating regeme.....I will, except I will have some wine. Hope this doesn't exile me from whole 30 November :-(
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

fooddreamer is offline Junior Member
    Awesome workout!!! Been looking for challenging cardio/strength workouts at the gym... getting bored lately with my usual workouts. Do you mind if I borrow your workout? Let me know if you have any others, it's good to know I'm not the only one busting it out at the gym during a whole30

My November Whole30 journey: Pensive Paleo

solobiker is offline Member
    So far so good. Today I warmed up on my spin bike for 10 min then hit the weights with the focus on UB strengthening...and of course did many sets of pushups with my hands in various positions including some incline pushups. I am sure I will feel it tomorrow. As for my meals

Breakfast: I had breakfast around 8am...was at work before 5am. I had some leftover natural sausage with chopped oup veggies and 1/4 apple

Lunch: Small bowl of left over chili

D: Most likely BAS with a grilled pork chop.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Day 7 Cont'd:

Progressively throughout the day, I experienced more pain in trying to walk or climb stairs, and definitely no laughing allowed. These core body workouts are WORKING. I seriously, can barely walk and my abs, from my pubic bone to below my breasts are KILLING me. Seriously -- no laughing. I did a light stretch tonight on my yoga ball after dinner, and it was all I could do to climb back up the stairs in our house. Holy Hannah --- this is awesome. Soooo, I planned to do an upper body workout today, but alas, will have to wait until tomorrow. I increased my nutritional intake today -- had eggs for breakfast + a bullet coffee: Bacon, eggs and salad for lunch; chicken and veggies for dinner. Freak'ing crazy how fast this body reacts positively to working out -- I should be a freak'ing Goddess in a few months ---- or dead. :-)

Edit: Well, I threw my food into FitDay.com......ummm, still came in at 960 calories (65 Fat; 23 carbs; 75 protein) still not enough to gain muscle through strength training. Thoughts? /Lu
    Last edited by Louisa655; 11-07-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Day 8

Well done everyone, we've done a whole week!! *kudos all round*
    FOoooOod:
    Coffee w/ coconut milk
    hardboiled egg x2, cucumber snack
    Butter chicken for lunch
    Dinner - garbage beef strifry and cauli rice

Sleep, good and I rode in to work. I hope today is a better day that yesterday. I broke my fast so I could take some nurofen as my back was wired up tight I was so destroyed by work too - I don't know why, but I just felt mentally exhuasted and wired at the same time. Managed to get to the gym and left halfway through my workout, it was just not working for me at all. So that was a total failure day, sigh.

Today will be a better day though! Even thougj my right shoulder is really tight, anyone got any suggestions on how I can free it up? Driving me crazy!!

@PJAP - I can't beleive you dont like the coffee and CM! I love it now, so delish - even got my latte loving BF onto it. For recipes I use HealthBent, Paleomg and Nom Nom Paleo a lot. A good trick is to have a 'defrost bowl' for your protein. So the day before or in the morning you can take out your protein and by the time you come home it will be ready for you to whip into something delicious. At the weekend I make big roasts or other things in my slow cooker and have that for dinners/lunches during the week. I try and link to the things I've been eating. Then when it comes to dinner I usually saute/roast veggies/nuke a sweet potato and have it with whatever protein I've got.

@Louisa - have a glass of wine, promise we won't judge!!

You're right, the slow cooker is the way to go. My local grocery store is having a "super sale" today and tomorrow. Really low prices on beef, pork, and bacon. Taking some cash and stocking up the deep freeze. Super excited..which is not what I would be excited about 10 years ago!
    Having taco salads tonight (without chips, natch)...the boyfriend said "what will we do for the sour cream"? After some thought, I said "coconut milk. It will be Jamexican." It makes me giggle everytime I think of it.

For your shoulder, Goose, do you have a stability ball? You get on your hands and knees on the floor and put one arm on top of the ball and move it in circles until you feel the magic. You can also lay on the ball like you would for crunches and pretend to make snow angels (feet firmly on the floor) and push your wrists down as low as possible while you do it. I hope that helps.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The curry sliders.....think you could make them with coconut flour instead of almond? Coconut and curry go together quite well and I don't have Almond...LOL
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013