Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Goose - Whole 30 November page 4

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 6
    I'm beat tired today....I need to increase my food consumption because I'm exercising more (which was my goal for this November Whole 30.

Breakfast: Bullet Coffee x 2
    Lunch: 2 fried eggs + 3 pieces bacon + bone broth
    dinner: 2 ozs fish + 1/2 avocado + bone broth + 2 pcs proscuitto ham

Workout:
    Warmup: 10 min walk treadmill
    Main Set: 26 min: 1 min walk & 1 min sprint
    30 Body Weight Squats
    Leg Lunges 15 (each leg)
    Calves raises: 20
    Abs Crunches 30
    Abs crunches with legs raised and folded: 30
    Treadmill: 20 minutes race pace walk
    Repeat Main Set
    Cool down stretching

I ate dinner after the workout and I guess that's why I didn't eat very much --- I was tired, not hungry and just wanted a hot shower. I have a gym in my home, so thankfully I don't have to go far to get my dinner, shower and my bed. Even though my goal is to do 4 x workouts per week, I plan on using my yoga ball and other home gym items to focus on core strength, fun exercises for about 1 hour each night on my 'non exercise days'. I really need to tighten up this tummy area and see some abs. I think I'm progressing, but never fast enough for me.

I'm going to take some sardines and other light snacks to work tomorrow and see if I can't entice myself to eat a bit more.

Hope everyone is having a good day.
    /Lu
    Last edited by Louisa655; 11-06-2012 at 06:05 PM.
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Quote Originally Posted by solobiker View Post
    I would love to join in with you guys!! I tend to be fairly active and eat pretty clean..I just need to focus on cutting out the carbs more. I did not sleep well last night so my day started at 3am. Ugh

I rode my spin bike 45 min starting a little after 3am, stretched then headed off to work.

Breakfast at 830: Natural sausage with diced up veggies

Lunch: 1/2 chicken thigh with BAS

Long walk with about 12 30 second sprints and 1 min rest in between

Had a some chocolate milke after workout

Dinner small bowl of homemad chili.

My goal is to lean out and I hope to increase my speed.

Hope you guys don't mind me joining in with you.
    Hey Solobiker: Don't you hate when you are up at 3am and can't get back to sleep? That happens to me from time to time. In any event, one of my goals is to get faster and I'm focused on sprinting, too. I have a bike indoors on a trainer as it's too cold for me to bike to work anymore. Since I want to do some 5 and 10km running races, I'm going stick to the treadmill but may swap out on my bike from time to time. It's good to mix things up, isn't it? Anyway, enjoy your Whole 30!/Lu
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Day 7

Hurrah, hump day and gym day!
    Today I'm going to fast until after my workout, so it will be maybe 20 hours or so.
    Dinner: Chicken liver pate, served hot with letteuce 'tortillas' and sweet potato fries plus assorted veg. It's a bit of a wierd combo, but the pate is so rich and delicious, me and the BF really love it. Perfect way to break a fast.

Looks like a nice little workout Lu! Got a challenge for you, its crazy - I'll be doing it before my workout tonight.
    24 BW squats
    24 Lunges (12 each leg)
    24 Jump Lunges (12 each leg)
    24 Jump squats

Rest for 2x as long as it took you to do the routine and repeat. Then melt into a gooey puddle!

Tonight is my squat workout and I hope it'll go ok, as I'm still freaking sore from the weekends exertions. Had a good sleep though, and I feel energised and light after fasting when I get to the gym on an empty stomach.
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

solobiker is offline Member
    Both of those workouts look great!! I may try one tomorrow...or later tonight If I can't sleep again. :-)

What are BW squats?

Lu, I have spin bike in my basement so I sometimes do sprints on that as well. Talk about a leg burner. I will warm up for 5 min then do 2 three min of 30 sec on 30 sec off at a higher tempo just to warm my legs up more...then it is on to intervals. Usually 5 1 min sprints with 1 min rest, then 3 30 sec on/off, etc.

Have a great night
    Last edited by solobiker; 11-06-2012 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    Day 7

Hurrah, hump day and gym day!
    Today I'm going to fast until after my workout, so it will be maybe 20 hours or so.
    Dinner: Chicken liver pate, served hot with letteuce 'tortillas' and sweet potato fries plus assorted veg. It's a bit of a wierd combo, but the pate is so rich and delicious, me and the BF really love it. Perfect way to break a fast.

Looks like a nice little workout Lu! Got a challenge for you, its crazy - I'll be doing it before my workout tonight.
    24 BW squats
    24 Lunges (12 each leg)
    24 Jump Lunges (12 each leg)
    24 Jump squats

Rest for 2x as long as it took you to do the routine and repeat. Then melt into a gooey puddle!

Tonight is my squat workout and I hope it'll go ok, as I'm still freaking sore from the weekends exertions. Had a good sleep though, and I feel energised and light after fasting when I get to the gym on an empty stomach.
    How do you make your sweet potato fries? Are they soggy or crispy?
    2ndly: I never back down from a challenge ;p I have to search for some videos on these jumping lunges and jumping squats. Tomorrow is my upper body workout, but will try these new jumping squats on Thursday. Here's my tangible goal: To be rocking this on my beach vacation: Anna Kosturova Keeps me motivated.
    F, 48, 5'10"

Never mind. I just googled BW squats. I will go for this challenge either tomorrow or Thursday.

Such a cute bikini!

Ok, if we make it a challenge I will time myself properly on the BW matrix challenge and post results here, lets see who can get the best time!

My sweet tater fries are brown, but theny never really go cripsy. They are super duper delicious though, i cut them like think fries and cover will ghee and seasoning, high in the oven for 40 mins, or until crispy and brown. Make sure you have them spread out on baking tray, not touching each other. OMG, need to stop talking about it, hungry!

Those sound great!! I need to stop reading this thread because it is making me hungry and wanting to do workout #3 for the day. Yikes!!

Here is a recipe I haven't made yet, but I promise will happen!

Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    Here is a recipe I haven't made yet, but I promise will happen!
    Oh my God -- they look amazing (I'm trying not to laugh because my abs...and the rest of me...is so damn sore. I know for sure that tomorrow, I won't be able to get my bra on. I'll have to lay my bra on my bed, throw myself on top of it, and ask my husband to do it up. Getting back into shape is not for the faint of heart...but in a weird way, it feels super amazing. I'm going to dream about bacon wrapped sweet potatoes....my dog will never leave my side again
    F, 48, 5'10"

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast