Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Goose - Whole 30 November page 2

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Day 3

Horrible rainy day here! Total washout. Managed to sneak in a sandbag workout in the park this morning - actually it was the BF who was working out and I was the one shouting out instruction! (much easier this way). I was quite happy because I actually cobbled the sandbag together myself, and it didn't fall apart. Materials cost around $15 or so.

Ok, food for today

Coffee & coconut milk
    Pumpkin leather (addictive stuff!)
    Brekkie - Leftover fried rice with bacon and salad
    Dinner - bbq pork ribs and leftover beef heart curry with zucchini noodles.

Another garbage dinner, busy eating up everything in the fridge.

Welcome the the Whole 30 Lu! I saw today the NY marathon has been cancelled, that sucks for your hubby - despite the circumstances he must still be disappointed after he's trained so long for it. I wonder if it will be rescheduled?
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

ez2cy is offline Senior Member
    . I didn't go to far with the search but here is a link.

Google

Walden farms sells all sorts of sugar, calorie, fat free (everything free LOL) salad dressings, BBQ sauces etc.

I don't think the BBQ sauce is as good as regular stuff that is laised with sugar, but it's pretty good.

I put ribs in the slow cooker on low for the day with the BBQ sauce. Meat falls off the bones.

Thought I posted but messed up. Maybe for next time you have ribs.
    55 yr old male

07/01/2013

Weight; 199
    Chest; 41.5
    Waist; 42
    Hips; 40
    Thigh; 22.5
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 17

07/20/2013

Weight; 200
    Chest; 42
    Waist; 42.5
    Hips; 39
    Thigh; 23
    Calf; 15
    Bicep: 13
    Forearm; 11.5
    Neck; 16

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Completed my sprints this morning on my in-door treadmill. Warmed up with a :20 min fast walk, followed by 6 x 1 min sprints with 3min recoveries between sprints. Felt amazing and completed workout in a fasted state.

Tomorrow is body weights (convict conditioning).

Calories today: Clean and reman in ketosis with blood workup at 1.5mml.

Here's to a great Sunday!
    /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    Day 3

Horrible rainy day here! Total washout. Managed to sneak in a sandbag workout in the park this morning - actually it was the BF who was working out and I was the one shouting out instruction! (much easier this way). I was quite happy because I actually cobbled the sandbag together myself, and it didn't fall apart. Materials cost around $15 or so.

Ok, food for today

Coffee & coconut milk
    Pumpkin leather (addictive stuff!)
    Brekkie - Leftover fried rice with bacon and salad
    Dinner - bbq pork ribs and leftover beef heart curry with zucchini noodles.

Another garbage dinner, busy eating up everything in the fridge.

Welcome the the Whole 30 Lu! I saw today the NY marathon has been cancelled, that sucks for your hubby - despite the circumstances he must still be disappointed after he's trained so long for it. I wonder if it will be rescheduled?
    Appreciate your comments on my husband's marathon. He departed on his Air Canada flight to NY at 4pm -- the marathon was cancelled at 5pm. Thanks to Air Canada, for returning him into my loving arms at no extra cost. He returned home, exhausted after working all day and flying down there. His hotel accepted his cancellation, at no cost. Thank you to the NY'ers who are going through hell right now. Hubby runs a marathon every 3-4 weeks, so he's in good shape and not devastated by the loss of the NY marathon. We feel terrible for the hardship those NY'ers are facing. CBC World News did a live interview with Hubby this morning in their studio. It was humbling for him to speak on behalf of all Canadian runners. I'm proud of him.....off to his training run tomorrow morning. Another weight lifting morning for me. We all carry on, don't we?
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Day 4

Fasted workout in the am, hit a DL PR in the weights room, pretty pleased with myself. Heaps of energy for my workout, after my deload week and beginning the Whole 30 has really lit the proverbial firecracker in my A** with regards to my workout. I was getting a little slack and complacent.

Good eats today:
    Coffee with coconut milk x2
    Post workout - sweet potato with chorizo and veg stir fry, scrambled eggs, bacon, sauerkraut.
    Small plate of last nights leftover curry
    Dinner - super excited, have Kalua Pig in the slow cooker, yum! Having that plus a fresh salad and kale chips for tea. Cheeky non-sweet dessert, a different type of Pumpkin Custard Cup, this one baked and using eggs instead of gelatine. Its already out the oven and cooling, I don't have ramekins so it's one giant custard, woo.

No real full on sweet cravings, but I would like something creamy - had dreams about choosing a chocolate bar last night! Think I went with a white chocolate oreo bar. Does that even exist? Work will be much harder to get through, I get incredibly bored and I end up snacking and eating when I'm not hungry. Yet another reason not to go to work!

Wow Lou, looks like you had a bit of a full on weekend. That's really nice of Air Canada, who knew an airline had feelings! The whole NY thing feels hardly real over here (Australia) - if you get my meaning. I suppose we see so many disaster movies and whatnot, and then for an actual disaster to happen - the images we see aren't perhaps as shocking as they should be. I can only imagine how devastated the area must be though.

Day 4 - November Whole 30 - Continuing with Ketosis.
    Goal for the Month: Focus on Workouts

Following 2 Workout Plans:
    1. Bizzy Diet Training Guide - 21-Day Induction
    2. Convict Conditioning

Great night's sleep last night -- I try to get 9-10 hours per night.

This morning's fasted workout felt great:
    Warmup:
    :15 min fast walk on treadmill

Set 1:
    20 Pushups
    20 Military presses
    20 Tricep Kickbacks
    20 1 arm Dumbell Row
    20 Bicep Curls

:20 min back on treadmill: Alternating 1 min fast walk with 1 min run

Set 2:
    20 Pushups
    20 Military presses
    20 Tricep Kickbacks
    20 1 arm Dumbell Row
    20 Bicep Curls

Workout this am was done on a fast (since 5pm dinner last night). Normally, I have a bullet coffee and fast through until 1 pm, but I'm quite hungry after this workout. So, post workout, I ate:
    4 strips bacon
    3 scrambled eggs
    coffee + 1 ounce heavy cream
    lots and lots and lots of water.

Since my kidneys are dumping salt because I'm in Ketosis, I'll be sure to have 2 x cups broth today and throughout the remainder of November. The goal is to really shape these muscles and look great for my winter get-away trip in December.
    I also have plans to get back into racing 5 and 10km community races. Have one planned for New Year's Day this year.

Hope everyone is having an awesome day!
    /Lu
    Last edited by Louisa655; 11-04-2012 at 07:16 AM.
    F, 48, 5'10"

Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    Day 4

Dinner - super excited, have Kalua Pig in the slow cooker, yum! Having that plus a fresh salad and kale chips for tea.
    Kahlua Pig looks interesting.. Looks as though you'll have leftovers for a few days which makes life easier when working. Great Paleo cooking website, by the way.

I made a simple cheesecake this weekend: 1 lb Ricotta Cheese + 3 eggs + 1T vanilla. Whit it up in a mixer, throw in small baking dish and cook for :35 min at 325. Middle should be soft, but not too soft. It's meets the fat requirement without the sugar. I pair it with a few blueberries. My hubby ate the first one so I made a 2nd one last night. I don't have cravings for sweets whatsoever, but I do like fat.
    F, 48, 5'10"

lolo66 is offline Member
    Hi! I'm starting a whole 30 tomorrow so will definitely be following your journey. It looks like you eat some yummy food.

No one dies of a bread deficiency.

Samuel Beckett's, as well: 'Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.'

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53914-4.html

Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Kahlua Pig looks interesting.. Looks as though you'll have leftovers for a few days which makes life easier when working. Great Paleo cooking website, by the way.

I made a simple cheesecake this weekend: 1 lb Ricotta Cheese + 3 eggs + 1T vanilla. Whit it up in a mixer, throw in small baking dish and cook for :35 min at 325. Middle should be soft, but not too soft. It's meets the fat requirement without the sugar. I pair it with a few blueberries. My hubby ate the first one so I made a 2nd one last night. I don't have cravings for sweets whatsoever, but I do like fat.
    The pig was great! Plenty of leftovers - we just had it with a simple salad to match the saltiness of the pig.

That cheesecake sounds super good, defo on my cooking list when I finish whole 30. The pumpkin custards were good, but i think they would be outstanding with maple syrup added. You can see the finished product on my Flickr.

I've never tried to get in ketosis, nor really done much research on it. What are it's main benefits for you? How much veggies do you eat? What specifically do you need to avoid?

@lolo - welcome to Whole 30, any support is appreciated!!

Day 5

Wow, day 5 already, hurrah! And well done everyone else who is also following along with Whole 30, modified or otherwise.

Daily eats:
    Coffee with coconut milk
    Pumpkin pie custard
    Carrot
    Leftover salad and pulled pork
    2 pieces of chicken tikka - from the local food court, not the best thing I could have eaten, but considering all the gourmet chocs and other food there, I am proud of myself!
    Dinner - not sure yet. My BF doesn't get home until 9, and I have a body balance class until 8.30 so it's whatever I can be bothered to scrub up in that 30 minutes. Possibly some frozen butter chicken and zoodles

Wow, Mondays suck so hard hey? I got such terrible sleep last night, getting woken up by phone calls, rain, pets, too hot, too cold. All in all and awful night, be hitting the sack by ten tonight no doubt. Looking to see whether Whole 30 will help my energy levels through the day.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast