Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Goose - Whole 30 November page 14

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Nooo, I hate having no food - but at the same time I like having a nice empty fridge to fill, and I like going to the shop and getting all my goodies Thats another thing thats changed since going primal - we finish all the fresh food we get every week. Occasionally there are some leftover veggies, but I always make sure to use them up before the others. It's very satisfying and I love not having any waste. Used to waste so much food

Lu - are you continuing with the Whole 30 into December? That's hardcore, I'm really looking forward to my fancy chocolate on Thursday night :P
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    Nooo, I hate having no food - but at the same time I like having a nice empty fridge to fill, and I like going to the shop and getting all my goodies Thats another thing thats changed since going primal - we finish all the fresh food we get every week. Occasionally there are some leftover veggies, but I always make sure to use them up before the others. It's very satisfying and I love not having any waste. Used to waste so much food

Lu - are you continuing with the Whole 30 into December? That's hardcore, I'm really looking forward to my fancy chocolate on Thursday night :P
    Dear Goosejuggler: It's Tues night, my time which means it's Wed night, your time.....24 hours until you shotgun out to your vacation destination. Have a great time and thank you for leading our group through the Whole Movember. Hope you post some photos.

I purchased new red luggage (everyone has black luggage and I can never find my luggage through the masses). In any event, travel safely, have fun and be reasonably healthy but don't be afraid of the mug and vodka!

Best,
    Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Thank you for the kind wishes!!! I've printed out my boarding passes and hotel details, portioned out some liver and frozem carrots for the rats while we're away, and nearly sorted out my packing!

Plan to get plenty of activity in, and massages, yoga and crosstitching - uber bliss! And cocktails, but what happens in Bali stays in Bali!

Will you carry on this thread? I'll probably come back to it when I come home, I'm sure you would be a good steward :P

Zee
    Zee is offline Senior Member
    Enjoy your vacation! I hope you'll share some photos when you return.

solobiker is offline Member
    Hey there!! I am back I have been missing due to some medical issues...blah blah blah..but diong much better. I have been keeping up with me workouts. I love squats and lunges!! I wish I had a place to do pullups but I don't in my house. I also have been doing my weekly sprints which seemed to help my running...my short loop that I jog used to take me 31 min now takes me 29. Woot woot.

Still eating clean..although I did have to increase my carbs. I was below 70 but that was not working for me at all.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Day 29

Woot final day! So I didn't do 30 days, and I wasn't perfect - but practise does make perfect!
    My conclusions -

- That I was really slipping on my PB life - cheating with PB food is still cheating
    - Temptation is everywhere!
    - That 'one brownie' is not much, but looking back over the many many cakes and sweets and other junk I've passed up on over just one month = an awful lot of crap I didn't eat
    - That I have self control and it is my right to evercise it
    - People who tried to pressure me into eating badly weere only doing it because they themselves felt guilty/envious of not having will power to refuse
    - I might feel left out or 'deprived' whilst I'm standing in a group of people eating cupcakes, but 5 minutes later I couldn't care less
    - I drink too much coffee
    - I renewed my commitment to be in this for the long haul - I refuse to accept that ill health and age go hand in hand.
    - That I shouldn't feel that time spent in the kitchen is ever ever a waste - and I should treat what I have with respect

The physical - I didn't lose weight (I've definetely reahced a weight my body is happy with) but I have become stronger. My skin didn't improve (le sigh) but I think my sleep/daytime energy levels improved. I'm comfortable with myself in a bikini.

So that's a wrap. Sure I'm excited about my chocolate bar I have in the fridge (salted caramel!) but I'm not craving for it. I'll defo whole 30 again, maybe adjust the perameters. I'm think I might remove coffee in December to see the results. I can see the need for a no-sugar January though! Will defo enjoy this festive season!!

Thanks for everyone who commented on the thread, I enjoyed reading about all your experiences. Nice to know I have comrades in arms

Be back with Bali pics in two weeks!
    Last edited by Goosejuggler; 11-28-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh my goodness - i'm back from holiday! Pretty much ate and drank whatever I wanted and feel absolutely atrocious now!

It's a hard slog back on to the primal bandwagon!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314