Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Goose - Whole 30 November page 13

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyCr View Post
    Hey Lu, so glad you went over the fence this time
    How is Flapjacks getting over there???
    Judy: How are you? Ready for the insaneness of the Xmas season? The 'flappers' as I like to call him, enjoys running around in our garden, but he's getting way more savvy than I like. I generally let him out in the afternoon, and bring him in around dusk. But the other night, I couldn't find him, because he's found some new hiding spots. I was worried sick because the temps are dropping at night to around -2 or so, and this is an 'indoor rabbit'. So, next morning at 5am, I was out in the garden trying to find him -- no luck. Had to go to work and thought that he might be dead by the time I got home. Anyway --- we looked over the fence, and there he was at the neighbour's house again. It's such a steep drop that I think he climbs his way through the fence, but there's no way for him to get back. Anyway, I was proud of my spider woman moves and the pullups and pushups are definitely making a difference. There was no way in hell I was going to let my husband climb over that fence again. Of course, being 5'10" gives me a bit of an edge -- my husband is around 5'8". I think his ego was bruised but I wasn't taking any prisoners -- had to get my flappers. In any event, I don't think I'm going to let him about again until the spring.

Hope you are doing well, Judy. /Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Funny episode this morning in the cafe after X-mas shopping. Hubster and I went into a cafe and I ordered a cafe au lait. I asked for it to be made with cream. The employee said, 'we make it with milk'. To which I replied, "I understand that, but I'd like mine made with cream". To which she replied: 'we make it with milk'..........I thought maybe there was an echo in the place. So, I replied again, "I understand that, but I would prefer cream AND will pay extra for it, if necessary. Have we got an understanding?" Shortly thereafter, I left with my yummy cafe au lait with nice hot creamy foam ---- I love being a primal woman :-)
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    Judy: How are you? Ready for the insaneness of the Xmas season? The 'flappers' as I like to call him, enjoys running around in our garden, but he's getting way more savvy than I like. I generally let him out in the afternoon, and bring him in around dusk. But the other night, I couldn't find him, because he's found some new hiding spots. I was worried sick because the temps are dropping at night to around -2 or so, and this is an 'indoor rabbit'. So, next morning at 5am, I was out in the garden trying to find him -- no luck. Had to go to work and thought that he might be dead by the time I got home. Anyway --- we looked over the fence, and there he was at the neighbour's house again. It's such a steep drop that I think he climbs his way through the fence, but there's no way for him to get back. Anyway, I was proud of my spider woman moves and the pullups and pushups are definitely making a difference. There was no way in hell I was going to let my husband climb over that fence again. Of course, being 5'10" gives me a bit of an edge -- my husband is around 5'8". I think his ego was bruised but I wasn't taking any prisoners -- had to get my flappers. In any event, I don't think I'm going to let him about again until the spring.

Hope you are doing well, Judy. /Lu
    Doing great, sweetie, best shape of my life, all due to this precious primal lifestyle we're enjoying. Ready for the holiday rush, love seeing people I haven't seen for a year and letting them in on my secret, already bought 4 Primal Blueprints for gifts. I'm amazed and in awe of your progress, you really are a Wonder Woman. Big hug.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    @Lu - Omg Flapjacks thats such a cute name for a bunny! I'm a big bunny lover, but relegated to apartment living so we have cute ratties instead - Bonkers, Sprinkles and Lana (or Bonky, Sprinky-dinks and Lanee). Always good to use PB moves in rescue of a bun in distress!

Stage 4 is pretty hard - but I enjoy the challenge, deadlifts today, woo! It really really helps with my yoga class, I tore up warrior 1 & 2 yesterday, even though I has sore legs from Friday squats. I think NROLFW is a great program for new lifters (like me) - it's easy to build strength quickly and gain confidence in the weights room with all the curl-bros.

Should probably get my shit together and get to the gym already!
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    @Lu - Omg Flapjacks thats such a cute name for a bunny! I'm a big bunny lover, but relegated to apartment living so we have cute ratties instead - Bonkers, Sprinkles and Lana (or Bonky, Sprinky-dinks and Lanee). Always good to use PB moves in rescue of a bun in distress!

Stage 4 is pretty hard - but I enjoy the challenge, deadlifts today, woo! It really really helps with my yoga class, I tore up warrior 1 & 2 yesterday, even though I has sore legs from Friday squats. I think NROLFW is a great program for new lifters (like me) - it's easy to build strength quickly and gain confidence in the weights room with all the curl-bros.

Should probably get my shit together and get to the gym already!
    I really wish I could lift heavy, but it's not in the cards for me. Of course, I wish I could hang horizontally from a light post, too ---- but that's going take a bit 'o work.

Love the names of your baby ratties ---. I'll post a photo soon of my "hot cross bun" -- otherwise known as flapjacks. I also have a fabulous dog named, Basil whom I love and adore more than life itself. I'm lucky that I can take Basil to work with me everyday, and my staff are going to look after the Flappers while I'm way on holiday over X-mas. Rabbits are extremely intelligent and this one is funny as he runs circles around Basil in the garden. Very cute and very funny.

Good on you, Goosejuggler for your weight training -- likely makes you feel great after a workout. I'm looking forward to finishing my masters and really embrace working out on a daily basis. It's still a bit of hit and miss for me. I will be working out every day while on vacation -- hubster and I workout every morning around 7 --- and then we are ready for fun all day long.

I made a roast tonight, but made a fatal mistake --- thought I would make a nice Yorkshire pudding for hubster --- but ended up eating some myself. Two hours later, I have the worst headache and my stomach looks like an alien is going to burst out of it. Good thing hubster doesn't smoke --- I don't think lighting a match around me is going to be a good idea
    /Regretful Lu
    F, 48, 5'10"

Day 25 - Whole 30 Movember

Well, it's exactly 28 days before I depart on holiday for a warmer climate. Over the past 10 days, I have increased the amount of food that I eat, hoping that my hair would stop falling out. I don't believe that my hair has stopped falling out. Thankfully, I started with a mega thick head of hair, so it's not noticeable. (insert sigh). Although my measurements haven't changed, except for a -1/2" off the middle belly area (measured around belly button), I feel that my weight has stagnated and I still have some belly fat to lose.

Therefore, I have decided to take the following action over the next 30 days:
    1. Walk more. I may walk home from work daily (12km one way). This will take me about 1:20 minutes;
    2. Eliminate all alcohol and drink only water;
    3. Eat less meat, and try to eat 1 BAS daily (I hate salads, so this will be a bummer, but dire times call for dire actions).

That's about all I can think of right now. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm open to them.

Thanks/Lu
    F, 48, 5'10"

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Hey Lu, I've always had really thick hair, too, but I noticed I was losing a lot when I cut carbs drastically and turning 50 about the same time. I asked my dermatologist about it when I was there for a yrly ckup and she recommended Nioxin products. I really love the shampoo, conditioner, gel and hairspray. A little pricey but we're worth it (I order from Amazon..I should own stock, as much as I buy from them).

Day 26

So at the weekend I made Parsnip rosti, Fried eggplant and Kalua pig again, so a good time was had by all. I really recommend both dishes, both and so so easy and super super tasty! First time I've ever prepared parsnips - always hated them, and I thought they deserved a second chance!

Foodssssss:
    Coffee w/ coconut milk
    Two portions pumpkin cake (greedy!)
    Leftover rosti, pork and veggies (realised I can never have too many zucchini noodles)
    Dinner - Duck pate with salad.

Didn't get great sleep this weekend at all, not sure why, but I think it is a testament to this WOE that I don't feel like death warmed up. I just feel normal. There was a time recently that if I had had such a bad sleep as that, I would be useless all day and probably be late for work/skive off work. Not anymore, no sir! Rode my bike in like a champ

Super excited about holidays, leave on Thursday night. Will get heaps of massages for my weary muscles. Looking forward to taking a mini-deload from my weights training, but we are taking our little sandbag with us and I will create a 15-20 min program or two that I can do everyday. Just something small to get the heart rate up and keep my muscles from going on vacay too.

Happy Monday everyone!

Day 27

Wowsers, so close to the end!
    Today:

Coffee w/ coconut milk
    Pumpkin pie breakfast cake
    Crunchy veggies for a snack
    Lunch - pulled pork and rice (i know, I know!)
    Dinner - Butter chicken and veggies, maybe a sweet potato.

I think my meals for the next few days are gonna be pretty slim pickins considering that I can't buy much more food as we leave on Thursday night, I don't want there to be anything left to ruin in the fridge. But arg, we're even running out of veggies! We'll be eating nothing but kale and sauerkraut by thursday, I'm sure.

Finally got a decent nights sleep(ish), but I was still really groggy when I woke up - I'm planning a no-coffee December, to see if that changes anything. In m dream removing coffee makes my skin perfect and means I bounce out of bed in the morning like a spring chicken, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    Day 27

Wowsers, so close to the end!
    Today:

Coffee w/ coconut milk
    Pumpkin pie breakfast cake
    Crunchy veggies for a snack
    Lunch - pulled pork and rice (i know, I know!)
    Dinner - Butter chicken and veggies, maybe a sweet potato.

I think my meals for the next few days are gonna be pretty slim pickins considering that I can't buy much more food as we leave on Thursday night, I don't want there to be anything left to ruin in the fridge. But arg, we're even running out of veggies! We'll be eating nothing but kale and sauerkraut by thursday, I'm sure.

Finally got a decent nights sleep(ish), but I was still really groggy when I woke up - I'm planning a no-coffee December, to see if that changes anything. In m dream removing coffee makes my skin perfect and means I bounce out of bed in the morning like a spring chicken, but we'll see.
    Way to go, Goosejuggler --- great month all 'round. I have no more food in the house, and must grocery shop tomorrow -- arrggggg. I don't even have a single drop of cream for my coffee tomorrow. I've been on and off coffee over the past year, but enjoy it, and only have one cup in the am.

Enjoy your holiday and post a few pics when you return. /Lu
    F, 48, 5'10"

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast