Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: Goose - Whole 30 November page 12

Louisa655 is offline Senior Member
    The Christmas season has begun....
    Day 22, Movember Whole 30

Day is the same as every other. Good night's sleep: wake up; shower, bullet coffee, work, work work work.....then home and make dinner and then school work ad nauseum.

At this time of year, we have many 'gifts' that arrive to our workplace from appreciative stakeholders. Today, a very large box arrived from a very well known 'specialty food shop'. I opened the box, and all dressed in wrap and ribbon was a 10lb, full Christmas tree made of chocolate truffles. The smell filled our workplace and it was crazy nuts. Since myself and my co worker went primal together, neither of us will touch it with a 10' pole (where is my fishing rod????) I am going to take a photo of this thing tomorrow and post it here because it's just crazy huge and amazing and fresh. WHAT TO DO WITH IT????!!!! And the season has only begun. We will, from now until Christmas, receive a large number of these wonderful, and tempting gifts. Now if only someone would send us a meat tree ......hmmmmm....../Lu
    ----------------------------------------
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Start Date: 25-06-12 @ 161lbs
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Goosejuggler is offline Senior Member
    OMG that tree sound insane!

I don't know yet how much candy etc will be present in the office, I've never had a Xmas here before. People love their treats though, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is a lot! I wouldn't know what to do with it. Do you have any family/friends you can palm it off on? Any other departments you can take it to?

Bacon tree maybe?
    The Paleo Strongwoman - A site dedicated to strength, and feeding strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    OMG that tree sound insane!

I don't know yet how much candy etc will be present in the office, I've never had a Xmas here before. People love their treats though, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is a lot! I wouldn't know what to do with it. Do you have any family/friends you can palm it off on? Any other departments you can take it to?

Bacon tree maybe?
    ha! chocolate truffle trees are prettier....
    F, 48, 5'10"
    Goal Reached: 30-09-12 @ 143lb. Now bouncing between 145lb - 149lb. I'd like less bounce and more consistency :-)

Started Cross Fit 20.12.12 ---- Can't wait to submit my success story on the 1st anniversary of starting primal.

Day 23 Movember - Whole 30

Still no exercise today, other than the usual running around work and errands etc. Thank God it's Friday and I'll have time to exercise Sat and Sunday, between school work.

It's Friday night, and my hubby took me out for lunch after work, which was about 2pm. Went to the neighbourhood pub -- our hot spot. I had the chicken currie (so hot and spicy and sooooo good!). Home now, and into the books. Wish I could have a movie night with hubster, but too much work.

Out for breakfast tomorrow morning at our neighbourhood hot spot -- have a meeting with a real estate agent -- things to discuss....and then back home for more school work. Hoping to get a workout in Sat and Sunday.

Sent the chocolate truffle ball tree home with a staff member as she has three children --- they should enjoy it and keep the temptation away from me ;-)

Toronto Arogonauts are in the finals this weekend -- we may have some friends over for an argonauts football party --- lots of wicked, non paleo foods....or we may go to a pub where I can adhere to my food plan and everyone else can eat natchos, wings and pizza ;-)
    F, 48, 5'10"

Day 23

Coffee w/ coconut milk
    Hardboiled eggs x2
    Leftover salad and cabbage
    Protein shake
    Handful Macadamias (we bought a smaller bag this time round, damage limitation)
    Dinner - Paleo double down, sweet potato fries, green goddess dressing.

Moved onto to stage 4 of NROLFW, I've never got this far in the program before, over halfway through now! Doing well with it, although I am slacking off on the sprints/interval training portion of it. I just find it boring

My energy levels have been pretty good this week, good sleep and have ridden to and from work everyday! Hurrah, thats 45km total without much effort at all. So much better than driving/public transport. Haven't noticed mid-morning/mid-afternoon crashes.

At least my colleagues have accepted that when we go out for coffee (enforced), I'm the one with the hot lemon and water. I refuse to get another black coffee just to fit in, but I think they all accept that I'm the weird one now. It's ok, its not something that bothers me.

Hurrah - weekend!! My freezer is choc full of goodies, I'm gonna be cooking/preparing heaps of stuff this weekend! Exactly my idea of fun

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    Hi Goose!
    I hope you dont mind me joining you. I wanna stick to a journal and try to commit to the ride!

Day 24

Nice easy going day today Really excellent yoga practise this morning too.

Coffee w/ coconut milk x2
    Handful macadamias
    Pumpkin pancakes, leftover sweet potato, bacon and salad (super carby brekkie!)
    Dinner - sausages w/ chicken gravy, grilled leek and parsnips. Yum!

Welcome Sandra, we're commited to the Whole 30 here!

Day 24 - Whole 30 Movember

Let the day begin. Thankfully it's Saturday and I'll get some walking/exercising in today. I lost my rabbit from my garden yesterday and spotted him over our 12' fence, in the neighbour's hard. Quickly, I grabbed our 3' ladder, easily scaled the 12' fence, and jumped to the other side. After some quick sprinting, I grabbed the rabbit and handed him back over to hubby.

Getting back over the fence was more challenging as I didn't have the ladder. I carefully placed my footing and then told hubster to stand back as I was going to make a jump for the top of the fence, pull myself to the top and then climb down the other side. Hubster couldn't believe that I could jump and pull myself up the 12' fence (and neither could I!) Hey, these pull ups are REALLY WORKING. I felt the muscles in my back, chest and shoulders contract and then the pull up. I am so proud of myself! Just an example of a life and death situation for Flapjacks the rabbit, and a quick reaction by a semi-fit lady Very cool feeling.....now if only I could incorporate some spider man moves......

Out for breakfast early this morning --- going to have coffee, cream and eggs benedict, without the wheat/bun thing. After breakfast, I'm over to one of my favourite children's stores, "Mastermind" to select my 3-year old nephew's X-mas toys (fun!)

No lunch for me today, but have a VERY nice roast for tonight along with some roasted veggies.

I've selected a topic for my final assignment due in 3 weeks --- Compensation for CEO's in not-for-profit organizations, comparing and contrasting with compensation in for profit. I might also raise the issues of disparities between male and female executives. It's a big topic and, I believe, worthy of exploration.

Goosejuggler: Have a great weekend --- thinking that you are departing on holidays shortly. Exciting!

I was supposed to see a movie with my sons this weekend -- Lincoln --- but downtown is too crazy with the Argonaut finals game, so we are deferring to next weekend. Both boys are in higher education and I haven't seen them for 9 weeks, so can't wait for movie and dinner next weekend. My daughter moved to London, UK a few months ago and I'm missing her. She is a bit homesick and I hope to visit her in March.

All right, up and out for the day! Have a great Day 24 everyone!
    /Lu
    F, 48, 5'10"

Quote Originally Posted by Goosejuggler View Post
    Day 23

Coffee w/ coconut milk
    Hardboiled eggs x2
    Leftover salad and cabbage
    Protein shake
    Handful Macadamias (we bought a smaller bag this time round, damage limitation)
    Dinner - Paleo double down, sweet potato fries, green goddess dressing.

Moved onto to stage 4 of NROLFW, I've never got this far in the program before, over halfway through now! Doing well with it, although I am slacking off on the sprints/interval training portion of it. I just find it boring

My energy levels have been pretty good this week, good sleep and have ridden to and from work everyday! Hurrah, thats 45km total without much effort at all. So much better than driving/public transport. Haven't noticed mid-morning/mid-afternoon crashes.

At least my colleagues have accepted that when we go out for coffee (enforced), I'm the one with the hot lemon and water. I refuse to get another black coffee just to fit in, but I think they all accept that I'm the weird one now. It's ok, its not something that bothers me.

Hurrah - weekend!! My freezer is choc full of goodies, I'm gonna be cooking/preparing heaps of stuff this weekend! Exactly my idea of fun
    Wow -- stage 4 -- good for you. I looked over the programme that you were kind enough to provide a link to a few weeks back. Stage 4 is no small feat --- you must be throwing those weight around like a pro! I'm sure you'll hit your month-end goals. /Lu
    F, 48, 5'10"

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hey Lu, so glad you went over the fence this time
    How is Flapjacks getting over there???

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast